Why give us our daily bread?
 Give us this day our daily bread. Matthew 6:11
Notice it didn’t say pay us this day for our daily work, it says give us this day our daily bread because in the Kingdom, princes and princesses don’t work for pay, they simply represent the King in their domains. All their needs and much more are provided by the King. The deeper truth is that whatever the King has belongs to His children; everything! Remember Jesus said, “All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.” John 16:15. God does not want you to be employed but deployed.
Notice that the Lord’s prayer is really a corporate prayer. It says, OUR Father, instead of my Father. It says give ‘us’ and not me.
There is power in corporate praying. Look at Matthew 18:19, “Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.”
This is one very powerful key that makes corporate praying so potent.
There is nothing more powerful on earth than the power of agreement. There is nothing more powerful on earth than for two or more people who understand their authority on earth coming together to agree on what they want to happen on earth.
God Himself said in Genesis 11:6, that because the people were united and in agreement, no one could stop them from achieving whatever they wanted to achieve.
It was only the disruption of unity and agreement that stopped them. There is nothing more dangerous than for a leader to have on his team people who do not agree with him! As a pastor or leader, don’t try to persuade people who are reluctant to join your team if you are serious about achieving your vision.
The devil knows this too well so all he needs to do to stop a family, church, group, or nation from making progress is to cause disunity, discord, and division.
The Bible says they left off building the great city and tower because they no longer spoke one language, meaning they became disunited. Genesis 11:8, “So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.”
You can just imagine how many great ventures have been abandoned by families, churches, nations, etc. because the people no longer spoke with one voice!
Why God Stopped Them
The only reason God had to stop them was because they did not want to spread to cover the whole earth contrary to God’s plan. Genesis 11:4, “And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.” God’s plan was to cover the whole earth with His Kingdom. They opposed God’s plan, so they had to be stopped.
5 Things Happen When We Agree In Prayer
Apostle Paul says in 2Corinthians 13:1b, “In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.” Therefore when we agree in prayer:
- a) We confirm that there is indeed a need. You cannot agree with someone who does not appreciate the challenge.
- b) We confirm that we accept responsibility for whatever happens on earth. That we know that God has entrusted us with the governance of and care of the earth.
- c) We establish our request for heaven’s intervention. We establish our dependence on God and our submission to His divine will and power. We yield our authority to the One who gave it us. They key to effective prayer is a heart of dependence. Pray with the holy urgency of one who has a need that only Jesus can meet. Your prayers will not mean anything to God until they mean everything to you.
- d) We make it legal for God to operate on earth. We establish that we have given permission for God’s intervention. So, it becomes legal for Him to act and fix whatever problem we are facing with His mighty power.
- e) We make it impossible for heaven to ignore our request. We obligate God to do what He has always wanted to do in our lives: make us better. God will be breaking His word if He ignores our request because He promised to give to anyone who asks Him. John 10:10 tells us that Jesus has come that we may have life and have it more abundantly. He wants to restore us to His original plan of us being like Him and ruling the earth through us.
Listen, agree with your wife, your children, prayer partner, etc. You will witness an escalation in your experience of answered prayers.
Just imagine if just those of us here can agree that we want to see this church fulfil its vision and grow! There will be no stopping us! Are we agreed that we want to see this church grow and flourish? Then let us pray and give God permission to do what He has always desired to do.
Isaiah 66:8, “Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.”
The strength of the church is not just in its prayer but in its agreement. Note that this Scripture is talking about multiple deliveries. If we agree and pray, and do the right things, multitudes and nations can get saved in a short time on the platform of this Ministry worldwide. It is guaranteed!
This is not strange. God said in Psalm 2:8, “Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.”
Thank God for single conversions but we should start really believing and praying for mass conversions.
To build this nation, we have to come together, heal the division and address our common destiny. We must agree on a common vision and commit to its pursuit.
As we intensify our prayers, demonic chains will be broken, many new homes will be born as more and more people will get married. New businesses will emerge, and older ones will begin to flourish exceedingly. Fresh ideas for mega breakthrough will begin to come. God will begin to enlarge our coast without limit.
I see you singing a new song! I see you celebrating! I see your enemies fleeing from you in disarray!
Let us arise and knock on the doors of heaven for grace and answers and pull down the gates of hell and set the captives of the enemy free!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY NIGERIA!
Bishop Dr. Charles Olowojoba is the General Overseer of Dayspring Bible Church Worldwide with HQ in Abuja, Nigeria & President, Dayspring Christian Ministries Int’l. Website: www.dayspringcmi.org e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Help line: 08035150515