Mark 11:22-24, “And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.  For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.  Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.”
“…whosoever shall say unto THIS MOUNTAIN…”
- APPLY: Federal Roads Safety Corps recruitment 2021
- 20,000 business owners apply for COVID-19 survival fund in Yobe
We have the mountains of the Lord and mountains of the enemy.
‘This mountain’ is referring to: anything that blocks your access to your breakthrough or divine inheritance. Any specific problem or need in your life that appears so big or impossible. A Mountain is any problem of a huge magnitude. An impossible problem that brings you shame and humiliation. Anything that robs you of your fulfillment as a child of God. Mountains can represent humans that constitute huge obstructions or hindrance to progress. Goliath was a mountain. Pharaoh was a mountain. Herod was a mountain. It could be the platform upon which your enemies stand to launch an attack against you. That which makes you to stumble. Jeremiah 13:16. It could be any satanic conspiracy that threatens to destroy or hinder you. It could be an ancestral curse or a curse from any other source. It could be any long-standing problem that seems to have no solution. Cancer is a mountain. Barrenness is a mountain. Chronic failure or defeat is a mountain. Any chronic illness is a mountain. Chronic poverty is a mountain. DEBT can be a serious burden.
- God knows the size and weight of every mountain. Isaiah 40:12, “Who hath measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, and meted out heaven with the span, and comprehended the dust of the earth in a measure, and weighed the mountains in scales, and the hills in a balance?”
- Every mountain has a foundation. Deuteronomy 32:22, “For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.”
- When the foundation of a mountain is destroyed, it crumbles.
- Mountains melt before the Lord. Judges 5:5, “The mountains melted from before the LORD, even that Sinai from before the LORD God of Israel.” So all you need is the presence of the Lord and mountains will crumble!
- God removes mountains. Job 9:5, “Which removeth the mountains, and they know not: which overturneth them in his anger.”
- God overturns mountains by their roots. Job 28:9, “He putteth forth his hand upon the rock; he overturneth the mountains by the roots.”
- We anointed to move mountains.
How Do You Deal With Mountains?
We have an anointing for beating mountains small. Isaiah 41:15, “Behold, I will make thee a new sharp threshing instrument having teeth: thou shalt thresh the mountains, and beat them small, and shalt make the hills as chaff.”
- Have faith in God. It takes faith to remove Mountains. 1Corinthians 13:2, “… though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains…” Your most valuable asset as a believer is your faith. It is your instrument of victory in life. 1John 5:4, “For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.” Faith is more than belief. It is acting on an instruction from God concerning a specific situation at a specific moment. It determines the quality of your relationship with God. It determines the quality of your life in the kingdom. It is the currency of the kingdom of God.
- Resist doubt. “…and shall not doubt in his heart…” Doubt is the enemy of faith. To overcome doubt, focus on God’s attributes: faithfulness, integrity, mercy, generosity, goodness, omnipotence, etc. Always remember that God is with you. Shut out negative thoughts, feelings and friends. Be prepared to wait for as long as it takes.
- Get rid of sin from your life. Sin destroys your confidence and paralyses your faith. Most people have confidence in God but not in themselves because they feel unworthy and unqualified.
- Command the mountain to move. Prophesy against the mountain. Everything in creation is programmed to respond to your words when spoken in faith. “…whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea…” Mountains move in the name of Jesus. Face the mountain and speak to it. Ezekiel 6:2-3. Issue a specific command to the mountain and it will obey you. We don’t describe the mountain or complain about the mountain; we issue instructions or command to the mountain; they can hear you. Tell the mountain what you want it to do. “For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea…” Mark 11:23. Speak the Word of the Lord to the mountain. They respond to the Word of the Lord coming out of your mouth.
- Warfare Prayer, Praise and worship. Between prophecy and fulfillment is warfare—prayer, fasting, praise etc. Possessing a promise is not passive. The enemy tries to oppose every move of God. He places obstacles on the way of your progress. You must learn how to deal ruthlessly with them. Pray mostly in tongues, give, fast, confess the Word, Praise and worship is the major key. Be patient. Every farmer will tell you there is a time to sow and a time to harvest. In between is a waiting period. This is when to fight weeds, rodents and pests. This is the time to add fertilizer and ample water supply.
- Sow mountain-moving seeds to remove financial mountains. Some mountains do not respond to prayer and fasting alone; they respond to sacrificial seeds. Creflo Dollar said, “There can be no material miracle in this material world we live in except there is a material exchange of a material substance.” It takes mountain-moving faith to sow mountain-moving seeds. It is not for the weak hearted. It is for the strong. You can also sow small seeds regularly until a particular mountain moves out of your life.
- Take advantage of the ministry of a prophet. He carries a higher level of anointing to move mountains you cannot move now.
- Be persistent. The passage of time does not mean it will not happen. Keep at it.
I command every mountain in your life to move out now, in the Name of Jesus. Every obstacle hindering your progress will collapses now! I see your way opening up! May God grant you life-changing access to people and places that matter, in the Name of Jesus!
Bishop Dr Charles Olowojoba is the General Overseer of Dayspring Bible Church Worldwide with HQ in Abuja, Nigeria & President, Dayspring Christian Ministries Int’l.