✕ CLOSE Online Special City News Entrepreneurship Environment Factcheck Everything Woman Home Front Islamic Forum Life Xtra Property Travel & Leisure Viewpoint Vox Pop Women In Business Art and Ideas Bookshelf Labour Law Letters

How gas explosion burnt family members displaced by flood in Kogi

A family of four displaced by River Niger flood have been reportedly hospitalized at the Federal Medical Center, Lokoja, after suffering burns caused by gas…

A family of four displaced by River Niger flood have been reportedly hospitalized at the Federal Medical Center, Lokoja, after suffering burns caused by gas cylinder explosion.

It was learnt that the incident happened on Wednesday, September 28 at the victims’ new abode at Adankolo, a suburb of Lokoja where flood victims relocated to.

The victims are Musa Aminat, Muhammed Musa, Abdulsalam Hadizat and Halimat Sadiya.

Daily Trust learnt that they were trying to fix a gas cylinder to cook when it exploded and inflictes life-threatening burns on them.

“Shortly, after settling down in their new temporary abode, the victims decided to prepare something to eat.  So, they brought out their gas cylinder and lit it. The cylinder exploded immediately.

“The explosion of the gas cylinder was attributed to the hurried manner in which they packed their belongings to avoid being taken over by water. Probably the cylinder was leaking and led to the explosion,” one of the victims’ relations, Godwin Wanbebe, said.

Wanbebe stated that the family had spent all it had on the victims’ treatment and urged members of the public to assist in paying their hospital bills.