An apprentice electrician, Yusuf Usman, has been electrocuted in the Kwankashe area of Suleja, Niger State.
City & Crime gathered that the incident happened around 5pm on Monday.
- NIGERIA DAILY: What You Lose To Oil Theft As A Nigerian
- Osinbajo: Nigeria can become global leader in digital economy
A witness, Ogunsola Joshua, told our reporter that he knew Usman was carrying out an electrical inspection in a house when the incident happened.
He said, “I learnt that his father was contacted by a landlord because there was electricity and the house didn’t have it.
“Usman was the one available, so he went to check if it was something he could fix and in the process was electrocuted.”
Yusuf Musa, father of Usman, an electrician for more than 30 years, said, “That was the worst day of my life. I always warned him not to do any work without me. He started learning in July, this year.
“I’m completely devastated by the accident and life will never be the same again. He was the light of my life and my family.”
While stating that the matter was not reported to the police, he said his son’s remains had been buried according to Islamic rites.