Zangon Kataf attack: Death toll rises to 12 after more bodies found | Dailytrust

Zangon Kataf attack: Death toll rises to 12 after more bodies found

The death toll in the attack on Kacecere village, Zangon Kataf Local Government Area of Kaduna State has risen to 12 after two more bodies were found.

Kacecere was attacked on September 27 in reprisal over earlier attacks in Jankasa village in Zangon Kataf LGA, and Madamai in Kaura LGA.

The bodies, identified as those of Idris Mairiga and Yunusa Dangana, both residents of the village, were discovered by the troops of Operation Safe Haven (OPSH) during search-and-rescue operations in the area, according to the state government.

A resident of Kacecere, Shu’aibu Tanimu, told Daily Trust that the bodies had been buried according to Islamic rites.

“We were with the troops and we buried them according to the Islamic rites immediately we discovered them. We packed the remaining of our properties and were escorted back to Zango Urban,” he added.

The Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan, in a statement on Sunday, said: “The latest discovery of two corpses brings the death toll from the Kacecere attack to 12, while that of Madamai stands at 38.”

He also said the troops reported that two persons were killed in an attack on Ungwan Taila village, Zangon Kataf LGA by unidentified assailants.

According to Aruwan, the troops arrived at the location to find that the assailants had killed two residents, Helen Lucky and Hananiah Elijah.

“Search-and-rescue efforts are ongoing in both locations, straddling the two local government areas. Citizens will receive further updates on emerging developments in the area,” he added.

SPONSORED

DISCOVER THE NATURAL WAY OF ELIMINATING STAPHYLOCOCCUS, GONORRHEA AND OTHER INFECTIONS

Click the link above to visit.