A housewife, Khadija Ahmad, has set her husband, Bashir Ahmad, on fire at Gaida quarters of Kumbotso Local Government Area of Kano State.
She was said to have locked the room while her husband was inside and set it on fire.
The incident occurred on Tuesday evening.
Daily Trust gathered that the husband was in the bathroom when the woman spilt petrol in the room and set it alight.
Swift intervention of the neighbours saved the victim who had suffered severe burnt injuries.
The information about the incident is still sketchy as the police said they are still gathering details.