Governor Simon Lalong of Plateau State has vowed not to allow the state return to the days of violence, bloodshed and religious crises.
The governor spoke Monday when he went round parts of Jos North to monitor the compliance to the 24 hours curfew.
- ‘There’s nothing like unknown gunmen’, Ebonyi gov blames South Easterners for killings in region
- PODCAST: PIB: All You Need To About The New Law
Lalong who vowed that all those in involved in the recent violenc will be severely dealt with said the 24 hours curfew in Jos North would remain, while the dusk to dawn curfew in Jos South and Bassa would also remain till further notice.
Daily Trust reports that the resurgence of violence in several Plateau villages took another twist on Saturday when some Fulani travellers were killed along Rukuba Road of Jos during a mass burial for those who previously lost their lives, thereby igniting fresh rounds of violence in Jos metropolis.
He said the government had put stiff measures in place to curtail all forms of violence and would keep reviewing the measures until the desired goals are achieved.
According to Lalong, all the social media users who are sharing incorrect information and untrue videos of killings would equally be dealt with.
He further called on the citizens to remain vigilant, be security conscious and report suspicious persons and movements within their domains to enable law enforcement agencies to respond appropriately.