✕ CLOSE Online Special City News Entrepreneurship Environment Factcheck Everything Woman Home Front Islamic Forum Life Xtra Property Travel & Leisure Viewpoint Vox Pop Women In Business Art and Ideas Bookshelf Labour Law Letters
Click Here To Listen To Trust Radio Live
SPONSOR AD

Water vendor survives electrocution

City News learnt that the victim was washing his clothes in his house around 8 p.m. when the incident took place.“He was about spreading the…

City News learnt that the victim was washing his clothes in his house around 8 p.m. when the incident took place.
“He was about spreading the clothes on an iron rod, which had direct contact with a naked electric cable, when he suddenly got electrocuted by the wire,” a witness said.
The witness added that the victim fell down immediately following a sudden trip off of power from the source, adding that he sustained burns on various parts of his body, and was taken to the Kubwa General Hospital.
Similarly, a teenage boy also survived electrocution last Wednesday while trying to siphon fuel from the tank of a tipper along Arab Road in Kubwa.
City News gathered that the victim, a lorry off-loader, was siphoning the fuel with an iron bucket when a wire which had a direct contact with an iron pipe under the lorry suddenly sparked off and got him electrocuted.  
The source said the victim sustained burns on his two legs and right hand, and was taken to the Kubwa General Hospital.
The head, Accident and Emergency unit of the hospital, Paul Olise, said the two patients sustained various degrees of burns, adding that they are still receiving treatments at the hospital.

Join Daily Trust WhatsApp Community For Quick Access To News and Happenings Around You.

UPDATE: Nigerians in Nigeria and those in diaspora can now be paid in US Dollars. Premium domains can earn you as much as $17,000 (₦27 million).


Click here to start earning.