|Job Title:||Capacity Building Advisor|
|Reports To/Supervisor||State2State Citizen Engagement Director & Advisory Team Lead (CEDATL)|
|Role Location||State2State Main/National Office Bauchi State Nigeria|
|Contract Duration||June 2022 – August 2025|
|Type of Contract||Naira Based Contract|
|Remuneration||Competitive – Firm Details Available on Request.|
The purpose of the five-year (2020-2025) “State Accountability, Transparency and Effectiveness” (“State2State”) Activity is to increase the accountability, transparency and effectiveness of selected states and local governments (LGAs) in Nigeria. This will be achieved by: Increased Efficiency of Sub National Government Operations: strengthening governance systems (with a focus on public financial management [PFM] and procurement, as well as monitoring and evaluation) related to the delivery of services in key sectors (basic education, primary health care, and water, sanitation and hygiene [WASH]); Improved Sub National Government Responsiveness to Citizen Needs/CSO Engagement: increasing government responsiveness to citizen needs and priorities; and Improved Sub National Capacity to Manage Conflict: improving government and civil society capacity to manage conflict (through work on prevention, mitigation and reconciliation with the same sectoral partners, not stand-alone assistance to the police or judiciary). State2State will achieve this purpose by facilitating the strengthening of subnational governance systems in a sustainable manner, supporting the efforts of local reformers, and building on locally derived solutions including, to the extent possible, reforms already working in other parts of Nigeria.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES|
|The Capacity Building Advisor works as a member of the State2State National Advisory Team and will work closely with the Citizen Engagement Director & Advisory Team Lead (CEDATL). S/he will collaborate closely with other senior advisors in conflict, gender and social inclusion, public financial management, and civic engagement. The Capacity Building Advisor works to ensure best practices and best fit solutions are leveraged between states. S/he will:
|Impact of Results|
|The Capacity Building Advisor will support State2State’s capacity building and engagement activities across the State2State’s focal states and its three sub-purposes. S/he will address gaps in capacity through a range of technical assistance, mentoring and peer learning, ensuring sustainable capacity for implementing reforms.|
· Ability to produce high quality reports as well as other expected outputs and outcomes in a timely manner while understanding and anticipating the evolving client needs.
· Strong organizational and soft skills.
· Ability to work effectively independently in-person and remotely.
· Excellent written and spoken English, sound judgment, strategic thinking, and the ability to manage competing priorities and people.
· Demonstrates integrity by modelling DAI’s and State2State’s values and ethical standards and fulfils all obligations using gender and social inclusion (GESI) approach.
· Experience in working for USAID donor funded program(s), or with civil society and government organizations to drive a reform agenda, preferably governance and basic service delivery in basic education, primary health care, and WASH.
· Experience in providing capacity building services for government officials/MDAs and CSOs to drive a reform agenda, especially in State2State’s governance reforms and priority sectors of basic education, primary health care, and WASH.
· Demonstrated effective training, capacity building and coaching skills, networking, interpersonal skills, creative problem solving, conflict, and ethical management skills.
· Demonstrable experience in managing capacity building aspects of governance programs, especially in State2State’s governance reforms and priority sectors of basic education, primary health care, and WASH.
· Demonstrable experience in development of capacity building materials.
· Demonstrable experience in quality review of reports and training materials.
· Strong skill set in reporting, monitoring and evaluation.
· Sound knowledge of current global practices in capacity building/development.
· Excellent communication skills and experience in working with government officials/MDAs, CSOs, short-term consultants and sub-contractors.
· Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc.) and other software that is used in data collection and management.
|SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS|
A minimum of first degree in social sciences, development studies, or relevant field required. Master’s degree preferred.
· At least 12 years of demonstrated experience in the conducting of capacity assessments and designing appropriate capacity building programming to address the identified capacity gaps to meet project goals.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Microsoft Office).
· Strong verbal and written communication skills;
· Ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines, and in demanding and/or austere conditions;
Essential: Fluency in English, written and spoken.
Desirable: Fluency in Hausa and/or other local languages.
Capacity Based assessment.
|METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Qualified candidates should apply using the position as the subject of the email and send to NigeriaGovernance@dai.com on or before 21st June 2022. DAI Nigeria will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage.
Applications from women, people with disabilities and young people who meet the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
IMPORTANT: Please list the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
More information about DAI can be found on the DAI website; www.dai.com