Matthew 3:13-17, “Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.  But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?  And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.  And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:  And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”
Why was God so pleased with Jesus? God was very pleased with Jesus because He was completely surrendered to the will of the Father. He surrendered to the will of the Father to become a man. He surrendered to the will of the Father to go to the cross and die to pay for the sins of mankind. He was obedient unto death.
- FG working to correct lapses in Niger Delta – Osinbajo
- NEF’ll only support candidate with will to tackle insecurity – Baba-Ahmed
Jesus was and is our quintessential example of a true worshipper. True worship is complete surrender. True worship is valuing and doing what the Father values.
He valued what the Father valued and all true worshipers must value what Jesus valued and must be prepared to serve His purpose on earth. This includes praising God continually.
8 THINGS JESUS VALUED
He valued many things but I will highlight eight
1. He valued knowledge so he pursued it. Worship means learning, learning the ways of God. You become stronger the more you know God. Knowledge is power. It is not a coincidence that the all knowing God is also the all powerful God. At the age of 12, he sat with the most knowledgeable people in the temple learning by asking searching questions. He knew the value of knowledge. He said you shall know the truth and it shall make you free. Whatever will deprive you of education will deprive you of elevation. Show me a single professor who is begging for food. Show me a specialist who is stranded. Jesus valued wisdom, pursued it and grew in it. It takes understanding to become outstanding. It takes wisdom to become wealthy. The Bible emphasized the place of wisdom and says get it. You were not born with it so you acquire it. Keep learning! You might have graduated from the university where you got a degree but you never graduate from the university of life. Tell your neighbour keep learning! He knew Himself. He said He was the bread of life; the way the truth and the life. If you cannot define yourself no one will find you!
2. He valued right relationship: with God, with people. What God desires most is to have a relationship with you. If you have no relationship with God you are nothing! He also wants us to have healthy relationships with others. He had twelve disciples. On the cross, he was giving his mother a son. Relationships multiply you or diminish you. He took fellowship seriously. Relationships protect you or expose you! Fellowship inspires you. Attend Services, cell meetings, etc. You may not know it but you will be built.
3. He valued prayer and fasting. He spent time praying. He fasted for days on end. He came out with answers each time he encountered a problem. He had power; he had the anointing; he had victory! When you pray, you catch fire for God.
4. He valued souls. He prayed for them; pursued them; preached to them; taught them; healed and fed them until he died for them because it was His Father’s heartbeat. Today we value money, cars, houses, fame, our looks, etc. and die for them. Jesus died for souls, what are you dying for? He was rewarded by the Father, worshipped by angels and men! What will God reward you for?
5. He valued righteousness. He lived it; modeled it and died to give it to us! He was exalted. Righteousness exalts! It promotes. It brings honor and dignity. On the other hand, unholy living brings shame and disgrace and finally, eternal condemnation!
6. He valued service. We were created to serve. We are gifted to serve. The services you provide determine the rewards you attract. Men have become extremely wealthy by providing goods and services. It is a kingdom principle that works for anyone who embraces it. Worship is using your gift to serve society. Acts 13:36 tells us, “For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God…” God did not make all of us preachers. It is an erroneous impression that serving God means becoming a preacher. Your calling may be in business, politics, civil service, or a career in industry. Find your calling and do it to the best of your ability.
7. He valued sacrifice. Read the Bible, especially the Old Testament, sacrifice is an integral part of worship. As a matter of fact, the primary way they worshipped God in the Old Testament was through a long list of prescribed sacrifices. Jesus not only valued sacrifice, He even became a sacrifice! He sacrificed time, money, his glory in heaven; even His life. True worship is about sacrifice! He made us kings and priests so that we can offer sacrifices unto God.
8. He valued gratitude, He valued praise. He highlighted the need for thanksgiving. He taught thanksgiving, praise and worship. He gave glory to the Father in all things. One of the key sacrifices we offer in the New Testament is praise. Hebrews 13:15 says, “By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.”
A life of worship is a life of complete surrender. Heaven expects you surrender to everything to God and let Him control it.
Worship is not just about what you say or sing with your mouth, it is valuing what God values and doing things He likes. Worship is living a life that pleases God. Use this as a checklist to find out your status as a worshiper. God said concerning Jesus, Matthew 3:17, “And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”
It is all about living a life that is pleasing to God.
As you can see, praise is one of the keys to pleasing God. Praise draws Him because praise honours Him. And He honours those who honour Him. Jesus was honoured with a lifting and a Name above every name.
Look at what He said to Abraham, Genesis 12:2-3, “And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:  And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.”
The WiFi Connection
Finally, if God inhabits the praise His people, it means praise is the WiFi through which you connect to the frequency of heaven to download the blessings of the Kingdom: divine revelation, healing, miracles, breakthrough. Many come to church, they miss the Praise session, they are unable to connect when the Spirit of God starts to move.
God will honour and promote you! God will enlarge you and make you great! God will give you a great name, a name that is respected, a name that opens doors! God will bless you beyond your imagination. You will become a blessing! God will cast down your enemies before you! You will make a global impact, in Jesus Name!!
Bishop Dr Charles Olowojoba is the General Overseer of Dayspring Bible Church Worldwide with HQ in Abuja, Nigeria & President, Dayspring Christian Ministries Int’l.