It came as a rude shock to Nigerian gospel music lovers on Friday when news went round that popular singer, Osinachi Nwachukwu, has died.
The deceased shot into limelight after the hit track, “Ekwueme“, which was released in 2017.
Here are some things to know about the ace gospel singer.
- Her husband, Peter, is also a minister and their union is blessed with four children.
- The singer has a twin sister known as Amarachi Grace Eze; who is also a powerful singer.
- Osinachi sings in Igbo language, and her audience are dominant in the eastern part of Nigeria. The singer hailed from Imo State.
- Some other songs that shot her into national stardom are “Nara Ekele” by Pastor Paul Enenche; “You no dey use me play” by Emma; and “God of Power” (Ikem).
- The singer was a lead vocalist in Dunamis church.