Ahmed Gulak was killed by unknown gunmen in Owerri, Imo State capital on Sunday, according to sources.
It was gathered that Gulak was killed at Obiangwu along Aba-Owerri road on his way to the airport, apparently to board a flight to Abuja on Sunday morning.
- 4 killed as IPOB attack another police station in Imo
- Ahmed Gulak Killed by unknown Gunmen in Owerri
Below are few things you should know about the late politician:
- Ahmed Gulak was a former Special Adviser, Political, to President Goodluck Jonathan.
- He was a former Speaker, Adamawa State House of Assembly.
- He declared his intention in 2014 to contest for the post of Governor of Adamawa State on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party.
- In 2016, PDP governors accused Gulak of declaring himself the party’s national chairman.
- Following intra-party wrangling in the PDP, the Adamawa PDP disowned Gulak as the party national leader and endorse the candidature of Ambassador Wilberforce B. Juta, a former governor of the defunct Gongola State.
- Gulak, accompanied by supporters, had stormed the party’s Headquarters where he declared himself the national chairman of the PDP.
- In 2018, he defected from the Peoples Democratic Party to the All Progressives Congress (APC).
- He gave his justification for the defection on how the Buhari administration was “degrading Boko Haram terrorists”.