Alhaji Tukur Mamu, a lead negotiator between terrorists and the passengers kidnapped on a Kaduna-bound train in March, was arrested earlier today in Cairo, Egypt, with his family members.
Mamu, who was on his way to Saudi Arabia for lesser Hajj, was detained at the Cairo International Airport for 24 hours and was repatriated back to Nigeria.
DSS arrests Tukur Mamu at Kano airport
Later, operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS) picked him up at the Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport in Kano.
Here are some things to know about the bandits’ negotiator:
- He is a traditional title holder of Dan Iyan Fika in Yobe State
- Alhaji Tukur Mamu is married to four wives and blessed with 10 children.
- He is the Media Consultant to Sheikh Ahmed Gumi, an Islamic cleric, scholar and former military officer with the rank of captain in the Nigeria Defence Academy.
- Mamu has been arrested several times under previous administrations by security agencies over alleged controversial publications on his platform.
- His Newspaper Company, located at Unguwar Sarki, had also been raided severally by security agencies.
- He is into philanthropic activities for the less privileged in Kaduna