Teenager electrocuted while charging phone in Delta | Dailytrust

Teenager electrocuted while charging phone in Delta

An 18-year-old man, Chibuike Emmanuel, has been electrocuted at Ozoro in Isoko North LGA of Delta State.

The teenager was electrocuted at about 5pm on Tuesday while charging his iPhone 8 with a public electric supply source.

According to a source on Wednesday, the incident was reported to the police at about 7pm on Tuesday by the boy’s mother’s friend who brought him from Lagos State to spend the holiday with them.

The victim was said to have laid on the floor in the residence of his mother’s friend (name withheld) on Idheze Road and placed the iPhone on his chest while charging and slept off.

He said, “It was in that process that the young man was electrocuted. He was rushed to the Okeleke hospital but was confirmed dead.

“The remains of the deceased have been deposited at the Bromic private mortuary in Ozoro.”

When contacted, the police spokesman in the state, DSP Bright Edafe, confirmed the incident. (NAN)

 

Dear Reader,
Every day, we work hard to provide readers such as you with the most accurate, up-to-date, and comprehensive information. Quality journalism costs money. Today, we're asking that you support us to do more. Your support means that Daily Trust can keep offering journalism to everyone in the world. Sign up for as little as N1,000 to become a member. Learn more about our membership here

Bank transfers can be made to:
Zenith Bank
1017257739
Media Trust Ltd


Please send details of your bank transfer to the email or Whatsapp number below so that we can contact you.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Inquiries:
Email: membership@dailytrust.com
Whatsapp: +234 806 990 3410