(… Continued from last week)
Breaking Through, Going And Coming
We think of breaking through in prayer only as breaking through satanic barriers to heaven; most often the reverse is the case. The heaven was open when Daniel prayed but closed by the Prince of Persia when an angel was on the way to Daniel with the answer. You have to break through both ways.
Satan only took notice after Daniel’s prayer had ascended to heaven and the reply was on its way down to earth. This is what happens most of the time because the devil does not know everything. He was scanning the heavens and found an angel on his way to deliver a message on earth. This angel was intercepted and there was a prolonged battle before reinforcement came from heaven.
When you experience unnecessary delays don’t wait to find out what is happening, bind the devil and his demons and your breakthrough will come swiftly. Matthew 16:19, “And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”
This is the major difference between the church and the Old Testament saints: they had no power to bind devils so Daniel had to continue in prayer for 21 days. It doesn’t take that long to get through to heaven or to get answers from heaven. Use your authority!
Most people quit believing when in a few days they have not received the manifestation of their answers and lapse into unbelief. They conclude that God has not answered them. But that is not true.
5 Dangers Of Refusing To Fight
- If you don’t fight, you can end up a slave forever. You end up serving others forever! Israel was a slave for over four hundred years in Egypt until a fighter came. Moses fought Egypt and slavery was terminated; a whole nation was delivered! If you don’t fight your family can remain in captivity for generations!
- If you don’t fight you can end up penniless, you can end up deprived. At the age of 85, Caleb was prepared to fight for his portion. Joshua 14:12, “Now, therefore, give me this mountain, whereof the LORD spake in that day; for thou heardest in that day how the Anakims were there, and that the cities were great and fenced: if so be the LORD will be with me, then I shall be able to drive them out, as the LORD said.”
- You can end uprooted to the bottom. David was promoted because he had a fighting spirit. Battle decides rank. He got promoted after defeating Goliath. He became famous after killing that giant in a public battle. The battle you refuse to fight is the battle you will never win!
- You may not have a family.
- If you don’t fight, you can end up dead; you can end up a victim! Matthew 11:12, “And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.” A battle is necessary for survival! John was an activist but not a fighter; his head ended up on a platter because of one little girl whose mother was trying to settle scores with the prophet! The sad thing was that John was carrying the anointing of Elijah and even more, but he refused to fight. Instead, he was angry with Jesus for not coming to rescue him. Shout, “Not my head, not my blood!”
Another person who refused to fight was Brother Stephen. After preaching an anointed sermon, the religious leaders of the day felt insulted and accused him of blasphemy and so decided to stone him. God came to his rescue by opening heaven and he saw the Lord standing. God arose to scatter his enemies. All he needed to do was call for rescue or judgment upon his assailants; instead, he surrendered and he died! Very sad!
On the other hand, David was never afraid to fight. He wrote in Psalm 144:1, “Blessed be the LORD, my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight…” Sometimes God leaves you in a battle situation so you can learn how to fight. He won’t teach you to fight if you don’t need to!
The purpose of spiritual warfare is to rearrange things in your favour and bring them to order in line with God’s original plan. You relocate demons from places you don’t want them. You relocate your fortunes; you relocate yourself. That’s why Jesus taught us to pray, “Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.” Matthew 6:10.
Fight for what belongs to you. Fight for the promises of God to be fulfilled in your life. Fight for your health. Fight for your marriage. Fight for your wife, your husband, your children, your job, your business, your health, etc.
How Do You Fight?
- Make sure you are armed. Ephesians 6:13, “Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.”
- Fight with your faith (1Timothy 6:12). Fight with your unshakable belief in the promises of God! 1Timothy 1:18. Ephesians 6:16, “Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.”
- Fight with your tithe; fight with your seed. Fight your way out of poverty with your giving.
- Fight with service and hard work. Fight with your fingers, your hands.
- Fight with your praise and worship
- Fight with your authority. Bind and cast devils out.
- Fight with your prayers
Psalm 21:1-2, “The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?  When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.”
Your enemies shall stumble and fall! They that hate you shall perish in shame and disgrace.
You will not fall, in Jesus name. You will succeed in, Jesus name!! You will prevail mightily, in Jesus name. They that are conspiring against you will begin to fight themselves, in Jesus name!!
I command your breakthrough to locate you now, in the name of Jesus!!
Bishop Dr. Charles Olowojoba is the General Overseer of Dayspring Bible Church Worldwide with HQ in Abuja, Nigeria & President, Dayspring Christian Ministries Int’l.