The Caretaker Committee And Extra-Ordinary Convention Planning Committee of the All Progressives Congress (APC) will get another six months extension, according to sources.
The committee was put together on June 25, 2020, following the sack of Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, National Chairman of the party, by a court.
- Gunmen break into Abuja hotel, abduct guests, owner
- UNILAG lecturer: What I know about our student who ‘murdered Super TV CEO‘
It had the mandate to stabilise the party and organise a convention to usher in a new National Working Committee (NWC) of the ruling party within six months.
However, its tenure was extended by six months.
Party insiders told Daily Trust that the committee headed by Yobe State Governor, Mai Mala Buni, will get another six-month extension.
Top party sources and lawmakers told Daily Trust that the tenure of the committee would be extended by another six months next week.
A chieftain of the APC, Chief Jackson Lekan Ojo, also confirmed that the timeline of the committee would be extended by six months.
“They have already extended their timeline by six months internally. They are trying to see if they can resolve some internal wrangling,” he told Daily Trust.
An ally of President Muhammadu Buhari also said there will be no national convention until November or December because congresses must be conducted before national convention.
Below is a full list of members of the committee
- Governor Mai Bala Buni (Yobe) Chairman
- Isiaka Oyetola, Governor Osun (South West)
- Ken Nnamani (South East)
- Stella Okorete – Women Rep
- Governor Sani Bello (North Central)
- Dr. James Lalu (Physically challenged)
- Sen. Abubakar Yusuf (Senate Rep)
- Hon. Akinyemi Olaide (House of Reps)
- David Lyon (South South)
- Abba Ari (North West)
- Prof. Tahir Mamman (North East)
- Ismail Ahmed (Youths)
- Sen. Akpan Udoedehe (Secretary)