Luke 13:10-13, “And he was teaching in one of the synagogues on the sabbath.  And, behold, there was a woman which had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bowed together, and could in no wise lift up herself.  And when Jesus saw her, he called her to him, and said unto her, Woman, thou art loosed from thine infirmity.  And he laid his hands on her: and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God.”
Healing is promised. Healing is promised to covenant children. This woman’s qualification for healing was that she was a daughter of Abraham. She was a covenant child and healing is the birth-right of all covenant children. Exodus 23:25-26 “25And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee. 26There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil.” Every sickness in your body will have to leave right now in Jesus name. Mark 7:27, “But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children’s bread, and to cast it unto the dogs.”
1Peter 2:24, “Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.”
This is past tense. When did this happen? On the Cross!
Isaiah 53:4-5, “Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.”
Jesus was beaten and lacerated in the courtyard of Pilate and every lash and wound represents our sicknesses and diseases. Sickness is therefore illegal in the life of every believer.
Many believers have received salvation from their sins but are not aware that Jesus did more than that on the Cross. In addition to saving us, he took away our diseases and sicknesses. He took the curse of poverty and delivered us from death and Satan.
We should enjoy all of these four things as believers.
The reason healing is legal and possible is because Jesus already took our infirmities.
Matthew 8:16-17, “16When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick: 17That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.”
Justice demands that you should not be punished twice for the same offence. It also demands that you should carry the burden someone else has already carried on your behalf. You should not suffer the sickness Jesus has already taken. You have received your salvation by faith; you can also receive your healing today- by faith.
7 Simple steps to wholeness
- Study healing scriptures; meditate on them until you completely believe them. Abraham became fully persuaded the promise of God was real and that it will come to pass. Romans 4:21, “ AND BEING FULLY PERSUADED THAT, WHAT HE HAD PROMISED, he was able also to perform.”
- Expect to receive. Look at the cripple that was healed at the Gate of the temple: Acts 3:5, “And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them.” Good things only happen to those who expect them to happen. Expectation is proof of trust. God’s greatest desire is to be trusted.
- Ask God in prayer to heal you. James 5:13, “Is any among you afflicted? LET HIM PRAY. The ten lepers asked Jesus to heal them. Bartimaeus cried to Jesus for help with his sight. James 5:14, “Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:  And The Prayer Of Faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.”
- Simply receive your miracle. Jesus said to the blind man, receive your sight. Luke 18:42, “And Jesus said unto him, Receive thy sight: thy faith hath saved thee.” Most people don’t know how to receive. There was no beggar who came to Jesus that was not healed. Bartimaeus got healed of his blindness; the beggar by the Gate Beautiful got healed of his crippled legs. Have you ever wondered why? The answer is simple: THEY KNEW HOW TO RECEIVE! Beggars know how to receive! They don’t question the gifts, they don’t ask questions; they simply say THANK YOU. You cannot have anything from God unless you know how to receive. It is wonderful to know how to give but it is fantastic to know how to receive. As many as received Him; He gave… God gives to those who know how to receive. What you don’t recognize you don’t celebrate and what you don’t celebrate you lose. Matthew 10:14, “And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.” The greatest tragedy is that His own did not receive Him. John 1:11, “He came unto his own, and his own received him not.” John 1:12, “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:” You can never have unless you know how to receive. Until you receive a prophet, you can never enjoy the anointing he carries. Matthew 10:41, “He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet’s reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man’s reward.”
Even your harvest has to be received. Matthew 19:29, “And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name’s sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.”
Believe you receive when you pray. Mark 11:24. See yourself as healed and made whole. Believe the Word of God for wholeness. God’s greatest pleasure comes when He is believed. All things are possible to him who believes. God can never help a man who does not believe Him.
- Resist every doubt that comes to your mind concerning the fact that you have received your healing while waiting for manifestation. Consider only the promise of God and not the condition. Romans 4:19-20,  And being not weak in faith, HE CONSIDERED NOT his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sara’s womb:  HE STAGGERED NOT AT THE PROMISE OF GOD through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God…”
- Constantly give thanks to God for healing you.
- Confess that you are healed as many times as you remember regardless of the symptoms.
Act on the Word. Acting releases your faith and when faith is released, miracles occur. Act and speak like you are healed. Confess that you are healed over and over again. Behave like you are healed.
Bishop Dr. Charles Olowojoba is the General Overseer of Dayspring Bible Church Worldwide with HQ in Abuja, Nigeria & President, Dayspring Christian Ministries Int’l.
Help line: 08035150515