The supernatural conception and virgin birth of Jesus Christ were prophesied by prophets who lived at different times who did not know one another. There is no other person in human history whose birth was spoken of well before time like the Son of the Most High God – JESUS. There were several prophecies concerning His life and ministry, but let me highlight some concerning his birth.
- That He would be from a woman – not the seed of the man (Genesis 3:15 cf Galatians 4:4)
- That He would be from the tribe of Judah
- That He would be from the house of David (2Samuel 7:12-13; Luke 1:31-33)
- That He would be born of a virgin (Isaiah 7:14 – “Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign. Behold, a virgin shall conceive and bear a son and shall call his name Immanuel.” cf Matthew 1:21, 22)
- That He would be born in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2) Matthew 2:5,6 cf. Luke 2:4-6)
- That He would be called Emmanuel (Isaiah 7:14) cf. Matthew 1:23)
- That He would have a forerunner (Isaiah 40:3-5) Malachi 3:1; Luke 1:76-78; “And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the highest: for thou shall go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways; to give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins, through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the DAYSPRING from on high has visited us, to give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.” 3:3-6)
- That He would be in Egypt for a season (Numbers 24:8; Hosea 11:1, cf. Matthew 2:15)
- That His birth place would suffer a massacre of infants (Jeremiah 31:15; “Thus saith the Lord; a voice was heard in Ramah, lamentation and biter weeping; Rahel weeping for her children refuse to be comforted for her children, because they were not.” cf. Matthew 2:17-18)
Prophecy fulfilled: What are the lessons?
- Prophecy (vision) unveils God’s purpose for your life: It contains what God wants you to become and what He wants you to achieve. Mary was just an ordinary girl waiting to be fully married until the message came that she would become the mother of the Saviour. Gideon’s life was a mess until God and revealed to him that he had been given strength to deliver Israel from their enemies as a judge. I was just practicing Medicine until God sent messages to me about what He wanted me to become and what He wants me to accomplish for Him. That message from God that will reveal your future greatness will come to you this season, in Jesus name!
- God releases favour to accomplish His vision and purpose for your life: When God sent us to Abuja He gave us favour with people at every stage; the first place we stayed, the hotel where we started and this land where we are now. From this day you will operate in divine favour in the name of Jesus.
- God connects you with people who have a role to play in the fulfilment of your prophecy: Ruth was linked to Boaz; Joseph was connected to Pharaoh’s butler who eventually introduced him to Pharaoh. I call forth every vital connection for your success and breakthrough in Jesus name!
- God releases faith for the fulfilment of prophecy and vision: Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. Your personal prophecy contains corresponding inspiration of faith. You could see that Mary was able to believe and receive. When God called us we were able to believe and proceed. To others it was very scary but God gave us the grace to believe and act accordingly. Receive the grace you need to believe, receive and become in Jesus name.
- God’s hand works to bring His plans to pass: 2Chronicle 6:4, And he said, “Blessed be the LORD God of Israel, who hath with his hands fulfilled that which he spake with his mouth to my father David…” Every vision authored by God requires His participation. Mary asked, “How shall this be?” God does not intend for you to fulfil the prophecy by yourself; he intends to work with you and through you by His Spirit.
- God provides adequately for every vision He authors: From today, everything you need to fully fulfil that vision will locate you in the name of Jesus.
What you need
- Yield to the prophecy: The degree to which you yield yourself to God’s purpose is the degree to which His favour will rest on you.
- The right association: Your association determines the progress of your vision. After giving Mary her vision, the angel informed her of someone else pregnant with a miracle. When you have a vision, associate with people or someone that has a vision. People without vision will kill yours.
- Faith. The fulfilment of prophecy is not automatic: You believe, receive and then you become.
- Warfare: It plays a huge part in the fulfilment of prophecy (1Timothy 1:18).
- Sacrifice: Not all dreams come to pass. Many have died with unfulfilled dreams because they were not prepared to pay the price required for the fulfilment of their dream. Mary literally gave up her own plans and hope of a normal life in order to have Jesus. What you are prepared to give up determines what you are going to get.
- Walk in love towards God and man: God’s love broke through every barrier to get us saved. The greatest force in the universe is love. True Christianity requires that we love God and our neighbour. Jesus made it clear that we are to love even our enemies. Matthew 5:44, “But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.”
- Maintain purity: It is essential in receiving and fulfilling great assignments. 2Timothy 2:20. You may not be pure when God first calls you but you must not remain there. To realize your full potentials, you may lay aside the weight of sins in your life.
Every outstanding prophecy and promise in your life will be fulfilled without further delay in the name of Jesus.
Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year!
Bishop Dr. Charles Olowojoba is the General Overseer of Dayspring Bible Church Worldwide with HQ in Abuja, Nigeria & President, Dayspring Christian Ministries Int’l. www.dayspringcmi.org; email@example.com and 08035150515