Forty two persons who arrived Okitipupa, Ondo state from the northern part of the country last week Thursday have been sent back to their home states.
The state government said it sent the 42 back to their home states because they posed a security risk to the state.
- 2023: APC must think beyond zoning to retain power – Ex-Rep Jaji
- Minister lauds NEXIM African trade initiatives
The forty-two persons, who were led out of the state by men of the Amotekun corps, were moved in different buses with their luggage.
The state commander of Amotekun Corps, Chief Adetunji Adeleye, said the decision was taken in the best interest of the people. The men mostly youths whose mission to Ondo state is not clear to the state government have been returned to their states of origin of Jigawa and Kano.
While parading them in Akure, the commander of the Amotekun corps, Adetunji Adeleye said the men claimed they came for a private firm security training.
The explanation provided by the men and women, the state government said were not satisfactory
Their arrival in trailers created unnecessary tension and apprehension among many residents of the community.
The Amotekun boss said in the last three days, there have been issues relating to the invasion of the state by alleged Fulani men.
He assured the people of Ondo State that the government was firmly on ground in conjunction with other security agencies.
The state Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Donald Ojogo, said the action of the government was meant to ensure that they return safely to their base.