No death in Lekki shooting, says Sanwo-Olu | Dailytrust

No death in Lekki shooting, says Sanwo-Olu

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has disclosed that no fatality was recorded as a result of the shooting by security personnel at Lekki toll gate plaza on Tuesday.

Security personnel had on Tuesday shot live bullets to disperse the #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki toll gate plaza and to enforce the 24hours curfew imposed by the state government.

Addressing Lagosians on Wednesday after visiting those who sustained injuries at various hospitals where they are receiving treatment, Sanwo-Olu reiterated that no fatalities were recorded as widely circulated on the social media.

The governor noted that the leadership of the Ministry of Health led by the Commissioner, Professor Akin Abayomi worked through the night with different hospitals in Lekki and environs to monitor and provide support for the injured protesters.

He said, “It is relevant to let you know that I have also personally visited the ten patients at the General Hospital, eleven at Reddington Hospital and four at Vedic Hospital, with mild to moderate injuries as well as the two in intensive care. So far, three patients have been treated and discharged to reunite with their families.”