NGO partners Kano govt to enhance school enrolment | Dailytrust

NGO partners Kano govt to enhance school enrolment

Pupils
Pupils

A Non-Governmental Organisation, Education Strategic Investment and Development Initiative (ESIDI) has partnered with the Kano State government with a view to enhancing the enrolment of children into schools for the period of five years. 

The Project Executive Director of ESIDI, Huzaifa Jega, who disclosed this at a press conference in the state, said the NGO had proposed a framework for strategic investment in educational development in the state over the next five years. 

“This is an initiative of Kano State aimed at laying the groundwork for a holistic knowledge-value renaissance in the state.

“It is a five-year-strategic development (2021-2026) appraised at 500 million dollars with a special focus on improving the standard of education in the state,” he said.

Jega further explained that the Kano State government would take 30 per cent counterpart funding of the 500 million dollars, while ESIDI would source for the remaining 70 per cent, adding that the project would be inaugurated in February where learning activities would be conducted across the state. 

He also said that two ICTs, science, technology, engineering and mathematics model secondary schools would be established in each of the three senatorial districts in the state to enhance and acquaint students with ICT knowledge at grassroots levels. 

On his part, Director Partnership at the state Ministry of Education, Alhaji Salisu Idris said the government will give its all in ensuring that the project succeeds as it would complement the state’s free and compulsory education policy. 

Dear Reader,
Every day, we work hard to provide readers such as you with the most accurate, up-to-date, and comprehensive information. Quality journalism costs money. Today, we're asking that you support us to do more. Your support means that Daily Trust can keep offering journalism to everyone in the world. Sign up for as little as N1,000 to become a member. Learn more about our membership here

Bank transfers can be made to:
Zenith Bank
1017257739
Media Trust Ltd


Please send details of your bank transfer to the email or Whatsapp number below so that we can contact you.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Inquiries:
Email: membership@dailytrust.com
Whatsapp: +234 806 990 3410