A mother, her daughter and one other person were electrocuted Wednesday morning by a faulty transformer in Tumfure area of Gombe metropolis in Gombe State.
The incident which occurred around 3am left 10 other persons with injuries.
- Sokoto varsity gets new VC, registrar
- Kidnapping: There’s intelligence gathering failure in FCT – Minister
According to witnesses, the incident happened when a heavy wind brought down a high tension cable which touched the service line that brought power to a transformer in the area.
The late woman, identified as Mrs Patrick – a mother of four – was said to have woken up to switch off her refrigerator because of the sudden power surge when she was electrocuted, and her daughter was also electrocuted when she attempted to rescue her mother.
A man was also killed in a similar way while trying to switch off electrical appliances in his house in the area.
When contacted, Gombe State police spokesman, ASP Mahid Mu’azu Abubakar, confirmed the incident.
Meanwhile, Governor Muhammadu Inuwa Yahaya has paid a condolence visit to the area and commiserated with the affected families.
He directed the State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) to provide relief materials to the families who lost property in the incident.
The governor also directed Jos Electricity Distribution (JED) to immediately look into the remote and immediate cause of the incident, urging them to improve their services to prevent future occurrence.