Military refuses to give update on major abducted at NDA | Dailytrust

Military refuses to give update on major abducted at NDA

The Military High Command has refused to give details of the condition of Major Christopher Datong who was abducted when armed men broke into...

The Military High Command has refused to give details of the condition of Major Christopher Datong who was abducted when armed men broke into the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) in Kaduna last week.

Daily Trust had reported how bandits invaded the residential quarters at the NDA, leading to the death of two officers and the abduction of Datong.

Few days after the attack, there were insinuations that the attackers made contact with the military and demanded a N200 million ransom while there were also reports that the abducted officer had been killed.

When asked on the whereabouts of the kidnapped Major at a press briefing at the Defence headquarters, Abuja, on Thursday, Brig.-Gen. Benard Onyeuko, acting director of Defence Media Operations, said the military would keep Nigerians posted.

“That has been over flogged, we all know the actions taken so far. We will wait for the outcome of the panel set up and the board of enquiry, we will keep you posted on that,” he said.

Dear Reader,
Every day, we work hard to provide readers such as you with the most accurate, up-to-date, and comprehensive information. Quality journalism costs money. Today, we're asking that you support us to do more. Your support means that Daily Trust can keep offering journalism to everyone in the world. Sign up for as little as N1,000 to become a member. Learn more about our membership here

Bank transfers can be made to:
Zenith Bank
1017257739
Media Trust Ltd


Please send details of your bank transfer to the email or Whatsapp number below so that we can contact you.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Inquiries:
Email: membership@dailytrust.com
Whatsapp: +234 806 990 3410