Petroleum marketers have loaded 387 million litres of petrol in the third week of February, 2022.
The Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) also called petrol would be transported by at least 11,727 tankers having standard carrying capacity of 33,000 litres each.
According to data provided by the Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority (NMDPRA) and published by the Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Ltd, the dispatch was made from February 14 to 20, as part of the expedite action to contain the scarcity of the product.
Nigeria was thrown into fuel scarcity since early this month following the discovery and stoppage of the sales of adulterated petrol said to have been imported by NNPC Ltd and its partners.
The Minister of State for Petroleum, Timipre Sylva, had blamed inspection failure for the issue, stating that normal-cy was being restored.
While the average daily evacuation during the week under review was 55.40m litres, the year-to-date national daily average was 60.5m litre load-out.
The trend analysis of the data showed that the highest pet-rol loading of 74.6m litres from the depots was recorded in the first week of January, on a daily average throughout the week. By the second week, the trend had dropped to 71.9m, and to 63.5m in the third week. In the last week of January, 64m litres of petrol was loaded out from depots to retail outlets nationwide.
From January 31 to February 6, the 58 depots loaded out 58.8m litres of petrol, and by the second week, another 49.5m litres were loaded to retail stations.
The latest 55.5m litres was the average load done weekly in the third week of this month.
More so, NMDPRA in the data, said 80 per cent of the 387.59m litres of petrol comprising 308.7m litres were loaded at the top 20 high load-out depots while the remaining 20 per cent, amounting to 78.89m litres, were loaded at 38 other depots.
Among the top 20 depots which evacuated 80 per cent of the petrol last week, Pinnacle Lekki took the highest load of 70.8m, while NIPCO and Aiteo followed with 22.6m and 22.3m litre respectively for the week. And leading at the other depots which loaded 20 per cent is Specialty Depot which evacuated 6.78m litres.