The Media Trust Limited, publishers of Daily Trust and other titles, has an exciting employment opportunity for a full-time Managing Editor, based in Abuja.
Duties and responsibilities
• Managing the entire newsroom and digital platforms
• Coordinating special projects and training of editorial staff
• Ensuring that the newsroom is fully digitized and journalists work as one team across platforms and titles
• Reviewing DT contents across platforms and lead other editors in the feedback session
• Appraising reporters and line editors to ensure that they meet their KPIs
• Help in planning and commissioning coverage of major events and highly sensitive investigations
• Providing support and guidance to the editorial team of DT and identifying opportunities for professional growth
• Collaborate with editor in chief to determine issues’ content and topics
• Plan and approve assignments for writers and editors
• Assist in evaluating finalized copy for compliance with policies, style and tone
What makes you the perfect candidate?
• Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, journalism or other related fields. Master’s degree in a related field is a plus.
• At least ten (10) years of experience in leading and motivating a creative team
• Your experience includes track record in reporting, leading a diverse team and ensuring an inclusive work environment exists for all team members
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of Nigeria’s media trends and its changing nature of business
• Experience working with Content Management Systems (CMS), Google Apps, Trello, Slack
• Experience in editing and managing a digital or multi-platform newsroom
• Proficiency in the use of digital technology, including online publishing platforms
• Proven experience as managing editor or relevant role
• Exceptional ability in copywriting and editing
• Proficiency in English
• Abilities in planning and coordinating people and operations
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills
• Outstanding communication and people abilities
• Reliability and efficiency
• Attention to detail
Interested candidates who satisfy the above requirements should
go to https://career.dailytrust.com/ and apply. The deadline
for submission is five days from the date of publication.