Malam Abdullahi Dan Mamuda of Kafin Hausa local government in Jigawa state was hospitalized at Muhammadu Abdullahi Wase Hospital (formally Nassarawa Hospital) soon after taking the drugs, Pyramid Trust has learnt. Malam Dan Mamuda, who had two wives and eleven children, had swallowed a non-prescribed drug to treat catarrh, but it turned out to be disastrous to his life.
Before his death, the deceased told our reporter that he bought the drug from a store in Gujungu in Jigawa State, where he normally carried out his business transactions as a truck driver from Jigawa to Lagos. Our reporters gathered that it was the third time the deceased would experience such body irritation and reaction to the antibiotics drug, which caused his body to peel.
Speaking to Pyramid Trust soon after the death, Dan Mamuda’s nephew, Abdullahi Dangama, told our reporters that his uncle had experienced the irritation before, but none was as worrisome as the one that led to his death.
Seeing the agony he was passing through, his colleagues, who reported the case to the police, rushed him to the hospital. But speaking to our reporters before Malam Dan Mamuda’s death, his elder brother, Alhaji Yakubu, said they were told by the doctors that he was only allergic to the drugs he took. “The doctors said my late brother was allergic to the drug, and that was why he manifested the strange burns,” Yakubu said.
While urging people to always be observant of any drug they take, one of the officials of the hospital who pleaded anonymity stated that people do react to drugs that contain sulphur and aspirin.
She called on people to desist from taking non-prescribed drugs. “People should desist from taking drugs without proper prescription by qualified medical personnel,” she cautioned.
Nigerians can now earn US Dollars by acquiring premium domain names, most clients earn about $7,000 to $10,000, all paid in US Dollars. Click here to learn how to start.