The terrorists that attacked and abducted passengers of a Kaduna-bound train are responsible for Kuje Prison attack, Mallam Tukur Mamu, Media Consultant and publisher, has said.
Mamu, who has been in talks with the terrorists, stated this in a statement issued in Kaduna on Wednesday.
- I’m disappointed in you, Buhari tells security agencies over Kuje attack
- Kuje jailbreak: Four inmates, officer killed, 443 prisoners still missing
Mamu said before the attack, he shared intelligence with the authorities but they failed to act.
“I can confirm without doubt that the Kuje Correctional Centre attack was executed and coordinated by the same group that attacked the Abuja-Kaduna bound train, because they gave indications of imminent attacks to that effect which I shared.”
“For the records, they requested for the release of 51 of their members. But through power of dialogue and engagement, I single handedly scaled that number to only 10 and communicated with audio backing the development to the relevant authorities.
“There was unnecessary delay on giving them even a precise feedback by the government and now they have not only succeeded in carrying out another successful attack that indicts the nature of our intelligence and capacity to respond promptly but have also succeeded in releasing dozens of their members which would have been averted if action had been taken to give them only 10 and secure the release of the train victims.
“In all this risky, painful and frustrating engagement which government is yet to acknowledge and appreciate I have more than 100 documented audios that I shared with the relevant authorities. For the purpose of this important press release and to authenticate my claims, I will also share 4 of the latest audios,” he said.
Mamu negotiated the release of 11 train attack victims.