The Department of State Services (DSS) has denied withdrawing any suit against the former terrorists’ negotiator, Tukur Mamu.
It had earlier been reported that the secret police withdrew a suit filed at a Federal High Court, Abuja, to detain him for 60 more days after his arrest.
The report said the DSS’ counsel, A. M. Danlami, told Justice Nkeonye Maha shortly after the matter was called for hearing that the matter had been overtaken by events.
But in an interview with Daily Trust Thursday night, the spokesman of the DSS, Peter Afunanya, described the report as “misleading”.
Afunanya maintained that the DSS has never withdrawn any case against Mamu, noting that the matter is a continuous process.