Genesis 27:18-39 “And Isaac trembled very exceedingly, and said, who? Where is he that hath taken venison, and brought it me, and I have eaten of all before thou camest, and have blessed him? Yea, and he shall be blessed” (v.33).
In a story we are familiar with; Isaac blessed his son Jacob and declared that he shall surely be blessed. It had been pronounced and there was no going back. The blessing of the first born had been given to him. He had been promoted above his brother and there was no going back. “…and have blessed him? Yea, and he shall be blessed.”
“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ.”-Ephesians 1:3. Whether you feel like it or not, the Bible says you are blessed and if you will believe it, it shall surely come to pass.
You must realize that you are blessed, anointed, favoured and failure-proof.
- Sudan evacuation: Yet another Nigerian affair
- Doctors’ anti-migration bill and nurturing greener pasture in Nigeria
1. You are blessed. God blessed the first man Adam and said to him be fruitful and multiply (Genesis 1:28). The Hebrew word translated blessed is the word “barak” which means to bless abundantly, greatly, to congratulate. Let us look at the details of this blessing in verses 28 and 29. “Therefore God give thee of the dew of heaven, and the fatness of the earth, and plenty of corn and wine: Let people serve thee, and nations bow down to thee: be lord over thy brethren, and let thy mother’s sons bow sown to thee: cursed be everyone that curseth the, and blessed be he that blesseth thee.”
We were not created to own ourselves- you’re not your own. We were not created to provide for ourselves or sustain ourselves. Whoever owns a thing maintains it. We were not created to raise money or make money or produce money. How many of you have ever vomited some currency? Adam’s original mandate was not to raise money, God provided that. We are to work and trust God for our supply. God gives us the dew to water us every morning when we pray. He renews our strength and blesses us with the fat things of the earth-the best of all things- husband, wife, business, houses, favour etc. Get ready for the best. He sealed it with divine protection by saying that anyone who curses you is cursed. The problem with most believers is that they look at their circumstances and conclude that that they are not blessed. God’s Word cannot be broken. You are truly blessed.
2. You are anointed. The Jordan River did the job that other rivers could not do-got Naaman healed, because it was anointed. When you are anointed, you succeed where others fail. You may be the youngest person in your family but because of the anointing, you will make it. You may not have all the education but the anointing will see you through. You may not be the prettiest woman but you are anointed. They may call you barren but you will conceive because you are anointed. They may have written you off but because you are anointed you will surely make it.
3. You are favoured. Proverbs 19:12 tells us, “…but his favour is as dew upon the grass.” The dew of heaven is the Grace or Favour of God. Favour puts you ahead of others. Favour makes you succeed where others fail. Favour opens the doors that are shut against others. Favour exempts you from the struggles others go through. Favour delivers to you cheaply what others sweat for. Favour covers and protects you from hazards that consume others. Favour admits you before kings. Favour takes you where others cannot go. One day of favour is worth more than one year of labour. You may not have any long legs but you are favoured.
4. You are failure proof. God spoke to Abraham in Genesis 12 and 15 making him a promise but when He came again in Genesis 17:5 He said “For a father of many nations HAVE I MADE thee”. Past tense! “…and have blessed him? Yea, and he shall be blessed” (Genesis 27:33) No one can unmake what God has made. It’s too late to undo me. I may not look like it, but I am made. My enemies may not like it, but I am made. I am blessed beyond failure. I am not only blessed beyond failure, I am blessed beyond recognition. The Greek word translated blessing is the word eulogia from which we have the word eulogize. You are so blessed a few words cannot describe you!
HOW DID JACOB GET THE BLESSING?
A. He listened to wise counsel. If he did not listen to his mother, he would have missed the opportunity.
B. He came in the name of the firstborn (Genesis 27:18-23). I can come near in the name of the firstborn-Jesus and obtain the blessing. He said, “Whatsoever you shall ask the Father in my name, He will give it to you.”
C. He planted a seed into his father’s life. Your seed is the instrument of possession of divine promise. Your seed is the instrument of possession of financial and material blessings. Your seed is your right to a better future. Any seed that leaves your hand does not leave your life but goes into your future to produce more. It is the seed that God multiplies – I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven. 2Corinthians 9:10. The promise is on the seed. Zech. 8:12. Your tithe and offering are your right to kingdom wealth. Malachi 3:10-11. Sowing your seed documents your faith in God’s method. Regular sowing guarantees regular reaping. You cannot reap where you have not sown. No one will pay you where you have not worked. Your giving attitude determines your living altitude. Share a meal with someone who cannot afford a meal today and God will bless you for it.
Those who listen to wise counsel, pray in the Name of Jesus and embrace giving as a lifestyle never fail to receive the promise. God’s Word cannot return void. You are blessed beyond failure. You are irrevocably blessed. Belive it, expect it and work towards it!
Have a blessed week!
Bishop Dr Charles Olowojoba is the General Overseer of Dayspring Bible Church Worldwide with HQ in Abuja, Nigeria & President, Dayspring Christian Ministries Int’l.