Spaghetti is the pasta of choice for a classic Bolognese.
Today, I’ll be taking you through on how to prepare Kilishi spaghetti.
Kilishi is a spicy Nigerian beef jerky from northern Nigeria.
It is one of those Nigerian snacks that you can eat till your chin hurts yet you will not want to stop.
Below is the recipe for preparing Kislishi spaghetti
- Blended pepper mix
- Vegetable oil
- Seasoning (suya spice, salt, monosodium glutamate, ginger)
- Chopped onion/leek
- Parboil and drain spaghetti
- Place a clean pot on medium heat, pour in vegetable oil, allow to heat for a minute, add the already chopped onion/leek and heat for two minutes.
- Add the already blended pepper mix and allow to simmer for three to four minutes.
- Add the seasoning, stir and allow to heat for a minute.
- Add the kilishi, (you can cut to your desired size), allow to cook for three minutes.
- Add the already parboiled spaghetti, mix thoroughly, cover and allow for three minutes.
- Tada, food is ready! Serve hot.
PS: You’ll need a cold glass of drink/water to accompany this sumptuous meal.