Hey foodies, it’s been a long week, and a plate of Carrot Jollof rice will help give you and your family a spectacular weekend!
Carrot Jollof rice has more vegetables. Carrots are rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber. They are also a good source of antioxidants.
Below are the ingredients required to prepare this delicacy:
3/4 cups of rice (parboiled/drained), depending on your servings
8/10 medium carrots
1 large onion (chopped)
3/4 red bell pepper (blended)
1 clove of garlic (minced)
2/3 cooking spoon of groundnut oil
1 cup of meat/chicken stock
Curry and thyme
Salt and seasoning cubes
How to prepare
1. Thoroughly wash and cut the carrot into pieces. Blend into a fine puree and sieve the juice from the chaff.
2. Heat the groundnut oil in a clean pot, fry the chopped onion and minced garlic.
3. Add the blended pepper, curry and thyme and stir fry.
4. Add the sieved carrot juice, meat/chicken stock, salt and seasoning cubes of your choice, cover and allow to boil.
5. Add the parboiled rice and mix properly. Allow to cook on medium heat for 15 minutes.
6. When the rice is nearly dry, garnish with extra carrots, green peas and spring onions.
Voila! Our carrot Jollof rice is ready!
Serve hot with meat/chicken and a chilled cup of drink/water.
Was this helpful? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section.