Soak and exfoliate your feet
The skin around cracked heels is often thicker and drier than the rest of your skin. This skin tends to split when you apply pressure. Soaking and moisturizing your feet can help with this. Here are some tips.
- ECOWAS court awards tortured journalist N30m against FG
- My husband suffered depression for 15 years – Wife of man from Daura who committed suicide
- Keep your feet in lukewarm, soapy water for up to 20 minutes.
- Use a loofah, foot scrubber, or pumice stone to remove any hard, thick skin.
- Gently pat your feet dry.
- Apply a heel balm or thick moisturizer to the affected area.
- Apply petroleum jelly over your feet to lock in moisture. Put on socks to avoid spreading any grease around.
Avoid scrubbing your feet when they’re dry. This increases your risk for damaged skin.