The Ooni of f Ile-Ife, Oba Enitan Ogunwusi, Ojaja II, has given love a fourth chance as he welcomed his new wife, Mariam Anako, into the palace on Tuesday.
Videos making rounds on the Nigerian digital space show the monarch and some chiefs praying for the new bride while she knelt before the king.
Daily Trust highlights five things to know about the new queen of Ile Ife:
- Mariam is from the Ebira ethnic group in Kogi State. Anako’s parents are based in Ilorin. It was gathered that the new queen lost her dad at a young age.
- She lost her father at a young age and was reportedly brought up in the home of the former inspector general of police Mohammed Abubakar. Her mother is a retired police officer.
- Based on her LinkedIn profile, she is an administrative manager in an oil and gas firm that is also into engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning.
- Her elder sister, Medina Anako is a lawyer, businesswoman, and also Special Adviser on Intergovernmental Affairs and Kogi State Diaspora Focal Point Officer (DFPO) to Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State. While another of her elder siblings, Mrs Raliat Abdulrahman nee Anako is a Special Adviser to the Speaker of the National Assembly, Rt. Hon Femi Gbajabiamila.
- She is the fourth woman to marry the monarch whose last union with Prophetess Naomi Ogunwusi crashed in December 2021.