Matthew 6:3-18: There are many habits that are guaranteed to bring great results in your life, but because of time, we shall mention five and discuss three.
These five habits form your spiritual foundation that gives life and meaning to your endeavors. Without them, your efforts are unlikely to result in great outcomes.
- Troops neutralize scores of terrorists in Kaduna
- 484 Kano communities to benefit from $20m COVID-19 agric intervention
There are two laws you need to understand: The Law of Favour and the Law of Input. The law of input is the same as the law of work. In all labour there is profit (Proverbs 14:23). That means input determines output. God wants you to succeed but you have a major role to play in your success story. You must understand that we live in a world that operates in a reward system. The reward system guarantees equity and fairness. The price you pay determines the rewards you enjoy.
I also refer to this as the law of the price. There is a price to pay for anything you want in life. For instance, someone paid the price for your redemption.
The law of the price is based on justice, equity, and fairness. God is gracious but He is also just.
The law of favour is the system of open doors. There are things that must be in place for this law to be activated.
Favour is activated when you keep the commands of God, engage the principles of success in the Bible and honour men. Success is activated when you are doing the right things from scriptural perspective. The early church was operating in unity, winning souls, and praising God, God gave them favour and souls were added to the church.
Favour multiplies the reward of effort. When favour is activated, you work like an ant and you eat like an elephant. For instance, faith has to be in place, obedience has to be in place, etc.
The law of the price is superior to the law of favour.
Favour is released where the law of justice is first applied. An unbeliever who applies the law of the price will succeed ahead of a believer who’s only praying for favour. We are rewarded for what we do!
One of the lessons I learnt early in my life even before I got born again is that it is not what I desire I acquire, it is what I work for that I acquire.
The second lesson is that I am responsible for creating the life I want. I am responsible for determining the level of comfort I enjoy. I have learnt that my prosperity is my making. If I don’t create what I want, no one will do it for me.
From an early age, I took my destiny into my hands, decided what I wanted to become and pursued it with vigour! I became!
Even now, there are things I greatly desire to do and achieve. I have to find out what price to pay to have them.
There is a price to pay for greatness. The greater the destiny you desire, the greater the price.
I learnt that nothing great was ever made by mistake.
As I became a Christian, I learnt from studying the Bible that God does not reward everyone, He rewards some people. I wanted to know those He rewards and especially what they do to attract such rewards. I discovered many but will share three with you day.
We are going to look at three things designed to enhance the quality of your life and give you comfort, dignity and influence.
1. Prayer. Matthew 6:6. , “But thou, when thou prayest…” Prayer is one of the greatest privileges God gave us as His children. Prayer produces amazing results if properly done. It is one of the greatest investments you can make into your destiny. Listen, devote ample time for prayers. In my experience, short prayers don’t produce the kind of results you want. Jesus prayed for hours, many times he prayed all night. If you must be addicted to anything, let it be to prayers. The results are amazing! Don’t get too busy to pray. Don’t get too lazy or tired to pray. Don’t get too discouraged to pray. Don’t get too successful or satisfied to pray.
2. Fasting. Matthew 6:17-18, “But thou, when thou fastest…” Matthew 17:21, “Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.” The purpose of fasting is not just to deny yourself food, it is a deep spiritual exercise designed to breakdown stubborn barriers to success. Fasting is a habit you MUST form for you are to enjoy a higher dimension of blessings. It is a demand for unlocking certain aspects of your destiny. It is part of the price you are required to pay for greatness. It is not if, but when you fast.
This kind… I don’t know which kind you are dealing with, but if you want to rise above where you are right now, you must develop the habit of fasting. Jesus did not start His earthly ministry until He fasted for forty days and nights. Great destinies are built on great fasting. I have done forty days a number of times.
Fast for a few days to get rid of stubborn spirits and the problems they cause.
For fasting to be effective, it must be accompanied with strong prayers. Notice the Lord said prayer and fasting. Fasting without prayer is a hunger strike. It is through prayer and fasting you generate enough power to overcome stubborn enemies to take delivery of your divine allocation. The greater the need, the greater the fasting required.
3. Giving. Matthew 6:3-4, “But when thou doest alms, (NIV says, when you give…)…” You may not realize it, giving is a deeply spiritual exercise. It is a communication of love towards God or anyone you give to. It is a powerful expression of love, acceptance, care and concern. Look at the way God expressed His love for humanity; John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” Jesus said in John 15:13, “Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.” Giving is such a potent spiritual force when done with understanding. It provokes waves of harvests in favour of the giver. God gave His Son for the redemption of mankind; look at how many sons He has all the world today! Giving is a system of justice and love designed to place you in control of your welfare and well-being. You determine to what extent you want to enjoy the resources of life. It’s only fair that your input determines your output. You are the architect of your own destiny. Galatians 6:7 says, “Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.”
4. Work. 2Chronicles 15:7, “Be ye strong therefore, and let not your hands be weak: for your work shall be rewarded.” 1Corinthians 3:8b, “… and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.” Proverbs 10:4, “He becometh poor that dealeth with a slack hand: but the hand of the diligent maketh rich.” Jesus completed the work the Father gave Him (John 17:4). You are rewarded for the work you finish.
5. Soul-winning. “He that reapeth receiveth wages.” John 15:16, “Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.”
God will bless you abundantly as you engage these principles from now on, in Jesus Name!
Bishop Dr Charles Olowojoba is the General Overseer of Dayspring Bible Church Worldwide with HQ in Abuja, Nigeria & President, Dayspring Christian Ministries Int’l.