A fire on Sunday gutted a building at Loju community, Asa-Dam area, in Ilorin West LGA of Kwara State.
The fire, said to have started around 10:30pm, destroyed seven rooms out of the 10-room building before the arrival of the fire service.
Speaking on the incident, the HOD, Media and Publicity of the state Fire Service, Hassan Hakeem Adekunle, attributed it to power surge.
“Out of 10 rooms in the building, seven rooms were affected which was caused by power surge before we were able to put it off.”
- Buhari: $1bn spent to regain territories from terrorists
- Ronaldo-Messi rivalry set for new chapter in Riyadh
Adekunle said the Director of Kwara State Fire Service, Prince Falade John Olumuyiwa, has therefore urged citizens to always cultivate the habit of switching off their electrical appliances before going to bed to prevent further outbreaks.