A fire outbreak at a building in Na’ibawa Yanlemo, Kunbotso Local Government Area of Kano State, has claimed the lives of six persons from the same family.
Daily Trust gathered that the fire occurred on Monday midnight at a house belonging to one Alhaji Abdurrahman Babawo.
- Maiduguri Explosion: How Rockets Crushed 9 Boys On Football Field
- Untold story of Nigeria-Niger Republic rail line
According to a witness, the fire was caused by mosquito coils which the house members had left burning.
The victims of the inferno included an aged woman said to be the mother to the head of the family, his two children, two brothers and a nephew.
Daily Trust reports that the wife and her child were rescued and taken to hospital.
The deceased has since been buried.
When contacted, Kano State Fire Service said they were not aware of the fire incident.
Alhaji Saidu Muhammed, the service’s public relations officer, told Daily Trust, “We did not receive any distress call from Na’ibawa. So, we know nothing about the fire you are talking about.”