A section of the federal secretariat in Ilorin, parts of a NIPOST building and a filling station have been gutted by fire in Kwara State.
It was gathered that the incident at the federal secretariat was as a result of a mechanical fault from a solar panel which led to overheating.
The state’s Director of the National Orientation Agency (NOA), Mr Olusegun Adeyemi, whose office is located in the complex on Fate Road, said the MTN booster base that was recently rearranged to include a solar timer to boost the mechanical function of the base caught fire, but that the quick intervention of the fire service prevented the fire from spreading, adding that no human casualty was recorded.
Similarly, at the MM Filling Station at the Alagbado area of Ilorin, a tanker caught fire while discharging petrol.
Governor AbdulRahaman AbdulRazaq visited the scene to assess the situation and commiserated with the victims and residents of the area.
Speaking on the Alagbado incident where the Sobi Specialist Hospital is located, Governor AbdulRazaq said, “Our hearts are with the occupiers of the lone house that got burnt and owners of the petrol station from where the fire started.
“We share in their pains and losses at this time.”
Spokesman of the Kwara State Fire Service, Hassan Adekunle, who confirmed both incidents, said aside from the filling station, two other buildings, including part of an abandoned NIPOST structure, were also affected in the Alagbado incident.