A mother and her two children lost their lives in a fire outbreak in their home in Riban Garmu village, Dewu Ward in Kirfi Local Government Area of Bauchi State.
An eyewitness, Ibrahim Kirfi, told North East Trust that they suspected an electrical spark as the cause of the fire, which happened at night.
- Amotekun goes berserk, kills 11 in 3 weeks
- Northern elders to elite: Rescue Nigeria from failed leaders
He said the fire burnt out the four-bedroom-house, where the deceased were sleeping.
He said efforts to rescue the deceased were unsuccessful, adding that four other people also sustained injuries and are receiving treatment in the hospital.
Meanwhile, the member representing Kirfi in the Bauchi State House of Assembly, Honourable Abdulkadir Umar Dewu has paid a sympathy visit to the victims on behalf of Governor Bala Mohammed.
He urged the families of the victims to take the incident as an act of God and pray to almighty Allah for the repose of the lives of the deceased.
He presented a donation of N250,000 to the victims’ families.
A community leader in the area Mallam Muhammadu Riban Garmu expressed their gratitude to the governor of Bauchi State and the lawmaker.