FG disburses grants to 7,786 women, youths in Gombe, Adamawa | Dailytrust

FG disburses grants to 7,786 women, youths in Gombe, Adamawa

The Minister of Humanitarian affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Hajiya Sadiya Umar Farouq
The Minister of Humanitarian affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Hajiya Sadiya Umar Farouq

The federal government has disbursed N20,000 cash grant to 7,786 vulnerable women and youths in Gombe and Adamawa states.

Speaking at the flag-off held in Gombe, the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Mrs Sadiya Umar Farouq, said the grant was distributed under the Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT) scheme.

She said each of 3,000 beneficiaries in Gombe would receive N20,000 for the programme being implemented in partnerships with the state government, specifically targeted at supporting some of the poorest and vulnerable citizens in Nigeria to address poverty.

The minister explained that the beneficiaries cut across all the 11 local government areas of the state and would consist of 70 per cent women beneficiaries, while the remaining 30 per cent would be for the youths.

She added that about 15 per cent of the total number of beneficiaries is specifically allocated to the segment of the population with special needs, including Persons with disabilities (PWDs) and senior citizens in the state.

Also speaking at the Banquet Hall of Adamawa State Government House in Yola, the minister said the grant would be disbursed to 4,786 beneficiaries across the 21 LGAs of the state.

She said the cash would increase the income and productive assets of target beneficiaries, especially during the global economic challenges.

“Using this grant, many of the beneficiaries will improve their productivity and their commercial activity, all of which will help in easing them out of poverty,” she said.

Dear Reader,
Every day, we work hard to provide readers such as you with the most accurate, up-to-date, and comprehensive information. Quality journalism costs money. Today, we're asking that you support us to do more. Your support means that Daily Trust can keep offering journalism to everyone in the world. Sign up for as little as N1,000 to become a member. Learn more about our membership here

Bank transfers can be made to:
Zenith Bank
1017257739
Media Trust Ltd


Please send details of your bank transfer to the email or Whatsapp number below so that we can contact you.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Inquiries:
Email: membership@dailytrust.com
Whatsapp: +234 806 990 3410