Female students injured in UNIMAID explosion | Dailytrust

Female students injured in UNIMAID explosion

UNIMAID  entrance gate
UNIMAID entrance gate

At least three female students were injured when a cooking stove exploded on Saturday in a hostel at the University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID), Borno State.

The incident happened barely two weeks after another female student’s house was engulfed by a cooking-related fire.

A witness said the incident was brought under control as the fire was put out while the three injured students were hospitalised.

The Director, Public Relations and Radio of UNIMAID, Prof Danjuma Gambo, also said the incident was caused by kerosene explosion and that an investigation was being carried out, assuring that safety measures would be adopted to prevent such.  

Dear Reader,
Every day, we work hard to provide readers such as you with the most accurate, up-to-date, and comprehensive information. Quality journalism costs money. Today, we're asking that you support us to do more. Your support means that Daily Trust can keep offering journalism to everyone in the world. Sign up for as little as N1,000 to become a member. Learn more about our membership here

Bank transfers can be made to:
Zenith Bank
1017257739
Media Trust Ltd


Please send details of your bank transfer to the email or Whatsapp number below so that we can contact you.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Inquiries:
Email: membership@dailytrust.com
Whatsapp: +234 806 990 3410