- Curses by Persons
The second major way generational curses are released is through curses pronounced by persons particularly those that have relational authority.
When Joab killed Abner the son of Ner, David cursed him. 2Samuel 3:27-29 (NKJV) saying, “27Now when Abner had returned to Hebron, Joab took him aside in the gate to speak with him privately, and there stabbed him in the stomach, so that he died for the blood of Asahel his brother.  Afterward, when David heard it, he said, “My kingdom and I are guiltless before the Lord forever of the blood of Abner the son of Ner.  Let it rest on the head of Joab and on all his father’s house; and let there never fail to be in the house of Joab one who has a discharge or is a leper, who leans on a staff or falls by the sword, or who lacks bread.”
5 curses are found here: running sore, leprosy, lameness, violent death, and poverty.
Because Joab killed, his offspring were to suffer from violent death and other equally serious consequences.
How To Break Generational Curses
- Identify the curse or curses. What runs in your family? The key to diagnosing what type of curse or curses run in a particular family is to look at problems that are common in your family. Look at your uncles, aunties, cousins etc. It is common to investigate common problems in a family before marriage in many cultures in Nigeria.
- Confess family and personal sins. Generational curses are extremely easy to break. When you are dealing with ancestral sins, repentance must be identificational if it is to work. Identify with the sins of your ancestors repent of them. Look at an example in Psalm 106:6, “We have sinned with our fathers, we have committed iniquity, we have done wickedly.” Leviticus 26:40-42, “If they shall confess their iniquity, AND THE INIQUITY OF THEIR FATHERS, with their trespass which they trespassed against Me, and that also they have walked contrary unto Me; And that I also have walked contrary unto them, and have brought them into the land of their enemies; if then their uncircumcised hearts be humbled, and they then accept of the punishment of their iniquity: Then will I remember My covenant with Jacob, and also my covenant with Isaac, and also my covenant with Abraham will I remember; and I will remember the land.”
Daniel’s Intercession (Daniel 9:3-23)
He prayed; Lord and my fathers have sinned. To us belongs shame. But to you belongs mercy.
Shout “Lord, have mercy!”
Daniel was saying, they got us in, I’ll get us out!
They sold us to Shango, but I’m sold to JESUS!
They sold me to Amadioha, but I’m sold to JESUS!
They got me in, but I’m getting us out!
They got us into trouble, but I’m getting us into blessings!
Shout “I’m coming out!”
Satan, get out of my life! Go!! Shango, go!
- Cast the devil out and break the curse. Read 2Kings 4:1-7. The widow of the sons of the prophets broke the curse of poverty over her children. She cried to the prophet Elisha for help; the generational curse of poverty was broken by an anointed vessel. Whatever disease or poverty has been used to describe your family is hereby broken in Jesus name. The prayer of this woman worked. Your prayer will work. Mothers, your prayer will work for your children. Fathers, your prayer will be answered.
- Apply the word of God in your daily life. Live in obedience to the word of God.
Galatians 3:13-14 says, “13Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:  That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.”
Generational curses will be replaced by generational blessings, in Jesus name!
Obadiah 1:17, “But upon mount Zion shall be deliverance, and there shall be holiness; and the house of Jacob shall possess their possessions.”
In Mount Zion there is liberation, reconnection, and reallocation.
- Deliverance, from sin and Satan. Liberation from Satan’s oppressive rule happens only in the Church. Satan and his cohort of demons are disarmed, dislodged, and dismissed forcefully. Jesus used the term ‘cast out’. He sent His disciples out with a mandate to heal the sick and cast out devils. Matthew 10:8, Mark 16:17. It means to forcefully carry out the expulsion of foul spirits that trouble a person. Expulsion requires force. You don’t negotiate with demons, you order them! That is what deliverance is all about.
- Holiness. Holiness means reconnecting to God and walking in His ways. This promise was for the return of the captives not only to their land but to God, separate themselves from their idols, and become a better people than they were when God permitted them to be carried into captivity. I have seen many people who were ministered to but refused to give up their sins and their idols. It is imperative that you learn God’s ways and laws and apply them diligently if you are to enjoy your freedom. You cannot live by the world’s principles and enjoy what only the Word of God can deliver. You can only access them by the promises of God. 2Peter 1:4. You must develop understanding of these laws and principles and live by them otherwise salvation or deliverance with have little or no effect.
- Possess your possessions or rather re-possess your heritage which the enemy has deprived you of. You were sworn into wealth when you got saved. 2Peter 1:3. But you cannot enjoy your Kingdom heritage when you are in bondage. The ultimate goal of deliverance, therefore, is the restoration of full-spectrum wealth: relationship, health, wealth, peace and joy. The CEV says, “… Jacob’s descendants will capture the land of those who took their land.” The Message Translation (MSG) says, “… The family of Jacob will take back their possessions from those who took them from them.” This also means restoration and recovery of everything you have lost. You will take your heritage.
This is what you have to understand; deliverance does not automatically translate to prosperity; it simply paves the way for it. Incomplete teaching has made some people to believe that once you are ministered to, all your problems are over, and money will start flowing into your life whether you do anything else or not. But the Bible tells us that to prosper you must live by the principles set out in the Word of God. Joshua 1:8
I prophesy over you, you will not only be delivered, you will be fully restored! Your dreams will be restored! Your health will be restored! Your social life shall be restored! Wealth shall be restored to you! Peace and joy shall be restored to you, in Jesus Name!
Get ready to possess lands, houses, cars, and everything you have been given, in the Name of Jesus!
Bishop Dr. Charles Olowojoba is the General Overseer of Dayspring Bible Church Worldwide with HQ in Abuja, Nigeria & President, Dayspring Christian Ministries Int’l. Website: www.dayspringcmi.org e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Help line: 08035150515