Manchester City midfielder Kevin de Bruyne will miss Wednesday’s Champions League last 16 first leg with RB Leipzig, after he was left out of his side’s squad for the game.
The Belgium midfielder was not in the 22-man squad tweeted by the English champions on Tuesday.
Speaking at his side’s pre-match press conference on Tuesday, Leipzig coach Marco Rose said City still posed a major threat despite the 31-year-old’s absence.
“A lot goes through him in this team, but he will be replaced by someone world class.
- Naira policy strangles terrorist activities in N/East – Army
- 146,913 observers to monitor polls, largest in Nigeria’s history – INEC
“Man City work as a team, they are not individuals, a team will be on the field tomorrow – a team which wants to win the Champions League,” he added.
Meanwhile, RB Leipzig’s Christopher Nkunku is also doubtful for the match as confirmed yesterday by Coach Marco Rose.
The France international, last year’s player of the season in the Bundesliga, had been out since mid-November with an ankle injury but made his comeback in their win over VfL Wolfsburg on Saturday delivering one assist.
“Christo could only complete part of the training today because there was some reaction (from his injury),” Rose told a news conference. “We will certainly not start with him tomorrow.
“We will have to see if he can be with us tomorrow at all but we won’t be taking any risks. We have a lot more matches this season.”