Media Trust Limited, Publishers of Daily Trust Newspaper and other titles is desirous of recruiting competent, self-motivated and result-oriented candidates to fill the below positions:
Position: Podcast Producer/Presenter
Gender: Male or Female (Preferable)
The candidate should be passionate about programme making, and have experience of developing new programmes for podcast. The person should know what makes a programme work and have ideas on how to improve existing formats.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To devise and produce original, innovative and entertaining shows and podcasts for the online Digital Platform.
- Ability to know the audience and how to engage with them.
- Enjoy working with the Daily Trust online team, sharing ideas and working together to enhance their capacity.
- Clear understanding and approach of production in an imaginative and creative way.
- Set up and oversee all stages of the production process efficiently and with attention to details.
- Editorially responsible for programmes produced.
- To oversee the production of podcasts and ensure things run smoothly.
- To edit content and evaluate content pitches
- Develop and editing on all aspects of the audio production
- To manage the production schedule
- Oversees script development and direct the host during recording sessions
- To devise and produce original, innovative and entertaining podcasts
- To play a central role in the production of all our clients branded podcasts.
- Coordinating and transcribing audio recordings
- To manage the recording studio and determine the story of each podcast
- Experience as a Television presenter/editing will be an added advantage
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of B.Sc/B.A in Journalism, Media Production, Communication Studies or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience on the job.
- Member of a Professional Body.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent research and presentation skills.
- An exceptional content writing and editing skills
- Ability in story telling in order to attract the targeted audience
- Ability to take initiative and make quick decisions under pressure
- Creativity and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of computer applications
To apply, go to career.dailytrust.com