Media Trust Limited, publishers of Daily Trust newspapers and other titles, has announced the launch of a membership programme for Nigerian students to empower and acquaint them with the rudimentary of the newsroom.
In a statement Tuesday, the company’s management said the initiative would allow students studying communications, journalism, languages and social sciences to get a firsthand view of journalism in the digital age and how Daily Trust is redefining the profession.
- Lalong orders probe after death of poly student
- PODCAST: Why Citizens Are Aiding Bandits In Katsina, Other States
The statement said a portal named ‘Trust Plus’, which would be run on a membership model, would be launched September 30 “to enlist the support of our loyal readers in our operations.”
“An arm of the company’s recent initiative tagged Trust Plus, will create a community of students from across tertiary institutions in Nigeria and abroad who are interested in the Daily Trust journalism and are keen to support and contribute to it.
“The opportunity is open to any Nigerian students and members (fellows) to take part in hands-on workshops and storytelling sessions anchored by our journalists,” the statement read in part.
It said through a student fellowship, members would be exposed to the principles of newsgathering, reporting, production and dissemination as well as gaining knowledge and skills usable after graduation.
“In addition to shadowing correspondents and editors across departments, members gain a comprehensive understanding of how the company’s news outlets function.
While encouraging Nigerian students, home and abroad, to join the membership, the statement quoted the Editor-in-Chief of Daily Trust, Malam Naziru Mikailu, as saying that “Media Trust is partnering with select higher institutions and organizations in Nigeria to financially support this so that the contents and opportunities are free to all students.”
Benefits of Students Membership are
- Connection: Members join our community of columnists, whistleblowers and professionals.
- Access: Members get exclusive access to selected digital products (e-papers, member-only newsletter, podcasts, Youthville+, Careerville+).
- Engagement: Members meet our editors and reporters and be part of the journalism we do.
- Discount: Members get discounts when they buy from our stores.
- Opportunities: Members get exclusive access to our networking events, job and internship opportunities, training and competitions. Members will also benefit from our virtual training, knowledge sharing, expert sessions, and network building which will be held periodically.
Interested in taking part? Please fill this survey.
Whatsapp: +234 806 990 3410