|Job Title:||Grants Manager|
The Director of Finance and Administration
|Role Location||Bauchi, Nigeria with travel, pending security situation, to partner states.|
|Contract Duration||October 2022 – August 2025|
|Type of Contract||Naira Based Contract|
|Remuneration||Competitive – Firm Details Available on Request.|
The purpose of the five-year (2020-2025) “State Accountability, Transparency and Effectiveness” (“State2State”) Activity is to increase the accountability, transparency and effectiveness of selected states and local governments (LGAs) in Nigeria. This will be achieved by: Increased Efficiency of Sub National Government Operations: strengthening governance systems (with a focus on public financial management [PFM] and procurement, as well as monitoring and evaluation) related to the delivery of services in key sectors (basic education, primary health care, and water, sanitation and hygiene [WASH]); Improved Sub National Government Responsiveness to Citizen Needs/CSO Engagement: increasing government responsiveness to citizen needs and priorities; and Improved Sub National Capacity to Manage Conflict: improving government and civil society capacity to manage conflict (through work on prevention, mitigation and reconciliation with the same sectoral partners, not stand-alone assistance to the police or judiciary). State2State will achieve this purpose by facilitating the strengthening of subnational governance systems in a sustainable manner, supporting the efforts of local reformers, and building on locally derived solutions including, to the extent possible, reforms already working in other parts of Nigeria.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES|
The Grants Manager will:
· Ensure proper negotiation of the terms and conditions for grants.
· Review and analyze budget estimates for allowability, allocability, reasonableness, and consistency.
· Prepare grant agreements and assist with supervision/implementation of grants, including closure and disposition plans.
· Monitor grantees and subcontracting organizations to confirm that funds allocated are used for specified purposes.
· Review procurement processes under grants to ensure competitiveness and compliance.
· Review payment requests submitted by grantees and subcontractors including acceptability of milestones/deliverables. Follow up proactively and timely on resolution of inconsistencies or questioned costs.
· Oversee the grants and subcontract close-out process, working with the Senior Grants Specialist to ensure complete documentation of relevant documents.
· Prepare regular reports on grants for the Chief of Party (COP).
· Other responsibilities of a reasonable nature as assigned by the DFA or CoP.
· The Grants Manager will report to the Director of Finance and Administration.
|Impact of Results|
The Grants Manager will report and provide support to the Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) to ensure efficient and effective management of project grant funds. The Grants Manager will assume the overall responsibility for the management of the program grants portfolio in compliance with USAID and DAI rules and directives. The Grants Manager will provide technical oversight, quality assurance, and support to the Senior Grants Specialist, in the Bauchi main office, and the state-level Grants Specialists.
|SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS|
Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, public administration, economics, or another relevant field. Master’s degree preferred.
Note: This is a local hire position only for Nigerian Cooperating Country Nationals (CCNs).
Essential: Fluency in English, written and spoken.
Desirable: Fluency in Hausa and/or other local languages.
Capacity Based assessment.
|METHOD OF APPLICATION:
DAI Nigeria will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage.
Applications from women, people with disabilities and young people who meet the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
More information about DAI can be found on the DAI website; www.dai.com