Former President Olusegun Obasanjo says he is not part of any alleged collusion over the 2023 general elections in Nigeria.
Obasanjo spoke through his media aide, Kehinde Akinyemi, in Abeokuta, Ogun State, on Thursday.
Akinyemi said the former president was not responsible for the viral stories on some discredited platforms on the forthcoming general elections in Nigeria.
2023 polls must not be postponed — Rafsanjani
Insecurity: Knocks trail INEC’s statement on elections postponement, cancellation
In a statement titled “Rigging claim, letter to Britain: Obasanjo not responsible – Aide,” Akinyemi maintained that the “viral trending story on the alleged plan by the former president to collude with the electoral body in the presidential election of February 25 is completely false.”
He said apart from the open letter dated January 1, 2023 and the one addressed to the renowned historian, Prof. Toyin Falola, on his 70th birthday, there had been no other public or private letter written to anybody by the former president.