Jesus had a hunger for knowledge of the Will of God. He was hungry to know the Word of God so He could apply it in His life on earth. His success came from knowing and doing the will of the Father always.
To walk like Jesus walked, you must develop a hunger for the knowledge of God’s Word and have your mind renewed by it.
- How EFCC, others convert seized property to personal use
- Let’s find the will to fix the electoral system
Romans 12:2, “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”
Your mind is conditioned by the words you hear and the things you see. And the condition of your mind determines the condition of your life.
Presently, survey shows that only 2 out of 10 professed believers read or study the Word of God. The level of your hunger for the Word of God shows the level of your spirituality. It also shows how enlightened you are concerning the value of the Word in your life.
We have the written Word and the spoken or more correctly, the revealed Word. This is also the living Word. It is also regarded as the will of God. An encounter with the living Word is what produces amazing results in your life so, you must develop a hunger for it.
Why You Should Hunger For The Word Of God
Psalm 19:7-11, “The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.  The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.  The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.  More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.  Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.”
1. We were created by the Word. John 1:3, “All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.” We are sustained also by the Word.
2. We are saved by the Word. James 1:21, “…the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.”
3. We are healed by the Word. “He sent his word, and healed them, …” Psalm 107:20.
4. We are delivered by the Word. “… and delivered them from their destructions.” Psalm 107:20. The Word of God is your way out of trouble.
5. We are divinely guided by the Word. Psalm 119:105, “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” We are enlightened by the Word. The reason you are struggling through life is because you have little or no light. The Bible says, “Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.” Isaiah 60:1. The more light you have the more you shine and the higher you rise, and the more victory you command. As you can see, Jesus’ amazing success came from being guided in all things by the Father. One of the most fundamental skills you will develop as a child of God is to learn how to discern the Will of the God in any given situation. Scarcity of the Word leads to a life of struggle and many are struggling through life because of scarcity of the living Word in their lives.
6. We prosper by the Word. We succeed by the Word. Joshua 1:8, Psalm 1:1-3. Spiritual and financial bankruptcy is a consequence of Word bankruptcy. God’s people perish for lack of knowledge.
7. We have faith by the Word. Romans 10:17, “So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” We do exploits by the Word. Hebrews 4:12, “For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”
8. We pray effectively based on the Word. 1John 5:14-15. We overcome by the Word. Revelations 12:11, “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony…”
9. We are protected by the Word. Psalm 119:11, “Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.”
10. We are encouraged by the Word. Psalm 119:49-50
11. We have peace from the Word. Psalm 119:165, “Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.” Psalm 37:37, “Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.” Who is the upright man? One who lives according to the principles of the Bible.
12. We have eternal life by the Word. John 6:68, “Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.” The Word of God is the source of life.
Jesus not only knew what the Father instructed Him to do in every situation, He obeyed the Father, He followed divine instruction even unto death. You short-change yourself when you don’t walk in accordance with the will of God!
How Do You Grow In The Word?
a) Consciously desire to know the Word. Develop a hunger for the Word. It takes effort. Like Mummy said, like praise do it as a delight, and not as a duty. This comes when you understand that it is a privilege to have access to the Word of God.
b) Devote time to studying the Word. It doesn’t have to be much, even a little time can make a lot of difference.
c) Meditate constantly on the Word for encounters that can change your life. “Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.” 1Timothy 4:15.
d) Practice the Word. Joshua 1:8, “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.” It is more like obeying the Word, laws, principles, instructions, or commands given by Lord. Live by the Word. Stay within the bounds of the Laws of God. Confess the Word of God which you believe.
e) Esteem the Word as priceless. More precious than money. More precious than any currency. Psalm 19:7-11
Get ready for amazing wonders in your life from this day forward!
The Holy Spirit will help you to develop deep convictions of scriptural truths and live by them. You will fly on the wings of divine revelation. Welcome to your unending season of exploits in Jesus name!
Bishop Dr. Charles Olowojoba is the General Overseer of Dayspring Bible Church Worldwide with HQ in Abuja, Nigeria & President, Dayspring Christian Ministries Int’l. Website: www.dayspringcmi.org e-mail: email@example.com Help line: 08035150515