Former power minister Sale Mamman has said that it took President Muhammadu Buhari not more than two hours to make him a minister.
Mamman, who stated this in an interview with BBC Hausa on Saturday, said he never thought he would be made a minister as he neither solicited nor lobbied for it prior to his appointment.
- Intrigues as PDP bigwigs battle for 2023 presidential ticket
Despite huge pay, senators, reps, fleece aides
President Muhammadu Buhari had on Wednesday announced the sack of Mamman and his Agriculture and Rural Development counterpart, Sabo Nanono, as ministers.
The former minister also denied the rumour that he collapsed after receiving the news of his sack, saying he only heard about the news on the social media like many other Nigerians.
He said, “I know I am hale and hearty. Even when I received the news of the sack, I was in hospital for my regular check. Those close to me were even suggesting that I shouldn’t be told so I won’t get either heart attack or hypertension. Some people later called me and informed me, but I told them that the president had already informed me a day earlier.
He thanked the president for giving him the opportunity to serve under him and promised to remain in the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).