President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the establishment of a Presidential Transition Council to facilitate and manage the handing over of power by his government.
Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Boss Mustapha, announced this in Abuja on Thursday.
Old naira deadline: Buhari meets Emefiele, Malami after Supreme Court ruling
National crises: Buhari convenes emergency Council of State meeting Friday
Members of the Committee are:
- Secretary to the Government of the Federation – Chairman
- Head of the Civil Service of the Federation
- Solicitor-General of the Federation and Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Justice
- Permanent Secretaries of the following Ministries and Offices:
Finance, Budget and National Planning
Information and Culture
Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA)
- Special Duties and Inter-Governmental Affairs
- Cabinet Affairs Office, Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSGF)
- General Services Office, Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSGF)
- Economic and Political Affairs Office, Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSGF)
- National Security Adviser
- Chief of Defence Staff
Inspector-General of Police
- Director General, National Intelligence Agency
- Director General, State Security Services
- Chief Registrar of the Supreme Court of Nigeria
“The Transition Council will be inaugurated by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation on Tuesday 14th February, 2023 at 12 noon at the Conference Hall of the SGF. Members are expected to attend the inauguration in person,” Mustapha said in the statement signed on his behalf by the Director, Information in his office, Mr. Willie Bassey.
Buhari has repeatedly said he would hand over power on May 29, 2023.