✕ CLOSE Online Special City News Entrepreneurship Environment Factcheck Everything Woman Home Front Islamic Forum Life Xtra Property Travel & Leisure Viewpoint Vox Pop Women In Business Art and Ideas Bookshelf Labour Law Letters

Attack on my convoy a violation of peace accord – Atiku

The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, has said it is unfortunate that his convoy was attacked  in Maiduguri, Borno State…

The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, has said it is unfortunate that his convoy was attacked  in Maiduguri, Borno State despite the fact that candidates have signed a peace accord.

He said the act was a violation of the peace accord signed by candidates as proposed by the National Peace Committee.

He alleged that the attack by some thugs was masterminded by the political leadership of Borno State.

He said this when he visited the former military president, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida on Friday.

On the lingering crisis between the PDP presidential candidate and the G-5 Governors, Atiku said they had been engaging them and would continue to engage them to restore peace in the party.

He said they were in Minna to pay respect to General Babangida for the services he rendered to Nigeria, and they would continue to come for blessings.

Atiku was accompanied by the governor of Delta State and vice presidential candidate of the party, Dr Ifeanyi Okowa, Governors Darius Ishaku of Taraba State,  Aminu Waziri Tambuwal of Sokoto and a former Jigawa State governor, Alhaji Sule Lamido, among others.